Subject: Re: Questions/Observations about VisuPro
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 07:45:00 -0700 (PDT)

Mark,
I'd like to expand on Kevin's explanation:

- Time-stamping:  If the owner wants Standard time all year and have a 1 hour 
offset for half the year, that is his decision.  
At the last Daylight-Savings time transition, at all sites we changed the 
clock at the Park PC and the Time Synch routine updated all WTGs.   The time 
change would have to be accounted for in the Central Database (STAR).  We 
wrote a SUB to perform this activity.

- Two versions of VisuPro running on a Plant concurrently:  Kevin covered 
this.  I'll cc Joe Thorpe on this correspondence.

- Writing data to errdev file:  If errdev, or any VisuPro file is open, the 
new data will not be updated on the display monitor.  However, the data will 
still be written to the file, and the next time the file is opened for a 
person to review, the latest data will be shown.

Please contact me if additional information required.

Thank you.
Ron

Kevin Cousineau
06/18/2002 07:38 AM
To: Mark Fisher/EWC/Enron@Enron
cc: Ronald Brzezinski/EWC/Enron@ENRON, Joe Chapman/EWC/Enron@ENRON, Alaadin 
Suliman/EWC/Enron@Enron, Hollis Kimbrough/EWC/Enron@ENRON 

Subject: Re: Questions/Observations about VisuPro  

Mark: 

First, the new version of VisuPro (Version IV) will use standard local time, 
not daylight time. This means that during the year it will be off by one hour 
for 1/2 of the year. 

Second, the plant pc cannot have more then one version and copy of VisuPro 
running at one time. If it does then strange things happen. I will ask our 
SCADA people to make sure that Joe does not run more then one copy of VisuPro 
on any plant pc. 

Regards 

KLC 

Mark Fisher
06/17/2002 09:18 AM
To: Ronald Brzezinski/EWC/Enron@ENRON
cc: Kevin Cousineau/EWC/Enron@ENRON, Joe Chapman/EWC/Enron@ENRON, Alaadin 
Suliman/EWC/Enron@Enron, Hollis Kimbrough/EWC/Enron@ENRON 

Subject: Questions/Observations about VisuPro

Ron,

While I was at Mill Run/Somerset last week a few things came up about 
visupro. 

First a question about the new version. As I understand it, the new version 
is going to use "local time". Is this local STANDARD time or local time 
(taking Daylight Savings time into account)? The owner's representative 
indicated a preference for local standard time.

Now for a couple of things Joe Thorpe at the site mentioned. He has observed 
that if two copies of visupro are running at the plant, then 10-minute data 
does not get written. Second if visupro (at the plant) has the errdev file 
open, then new data does not get written to the file. Are you aware of these 
observations? If not you might want to contact Joe Thorpe and see if he has 
additional examples, and do some kind of testing. These are probably issues 
with the way that Paradox locks files.

Mark Fisher