Subject: Antwort: Re: Index Number
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 07:49:00 -0700 (PDT)

Hallo Jeff,

the Plant index number is a number generated by the Paradox database engine.
It is not an information from the PLC.
 
First point: This number is not available on the ParkPC at the moment. (But 
that can be changed)

Second point: For your database you want to use an information of an other 
database system.
You depend on the correct work of the other database system.
If you have consecutive numbers you only know that you have the same 
information as the local paradox database.
You can not be sure that you have every single error message from the PLC, 
because the PLC error messages have no index number.

I think the plant index number is only needed if you import external data in 
the SQL database.

Comments and results?

Best regards,

Clemens W"ste
GE Wind Energy GmbH
SCADA Development
Holsterfeld 16
48499 Salzbergen, Germany

	Jeff Duff@ENRON
	06/20/02 06:21 PM
		
		 An: REC-SCADA, Ronald Brzezinski/EWC/Enron@ENRON, David 
Miller/EWC/Enron@Enron
		 Kopie: Kevin Cousineau/EWC/Enron@ENRON, Mark Fisher/EWC/Enron@Enron
		 Thema: Re: Index Number
Gentlemen,

In considering the solution about the Plant index number recorded in most of 
the Visupro tables I have discovered one issue we will have by not having 
this on the SQL server.  Since the Plant index number records the sequence by 
turbine, we can use this to detect when gaps in the data occur.  In 
particular, in the Errdev we expect a consecutive Plant index number for each 
turbine ID and status message.  

If we push the data to the SQL server and create an auto number, the status 
messages for each turbine will have a sequential auto number, but NOT be 
consecutive.  Using the Plant Index number has become a very useful field in 
analysis of the Errdev data.

We need to store the Plant Index as it is written.

Comments?

Jeff Duff