Subject: Re: Autodownload tool
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 07:34:00 -0700 (PDT)

Kim,
I uploaded the files using the SQL uploader program and found no problems 
with the upload process.

However, I am confused about the sample data's origin. Are they from Monfort 
or Klondike? Or are these just test data?
When I open the files the system numbers indicate that they were from the 
Monfort site.

If the files were tested from Klondike, the system number should be 840008001 
(008 is the site number for Klondike). 
I am hoping the download program does not change the system number to 001 for 
a site.

Thank you
-John

******************************************************************************
******************************************************************************
*

Kim Nguyen
06/24/2002 03:21 PM
To: Mark Fisher/EWC/Enron@Enron
cc: Ronald Brzezinski/EWC/Enron@ENRON, Jeff Duff/EWC/Enron@ENRON, John M 
Ruiz/EWC/Enron@Enron, Patricia Hunter/EWC/Enron@ENRON 

Subject: Re: Autodownload tool  

Hi Mark,

(1) yes, metmast are to be configured like you thought (Met[metId#] (WTG#)
(2) yes, I incorporated that adjustment for all monthly db files. 

Attached are sample data of each download

thanks you...Kim

Mark Fisher
06/24/2002 11:15 AM
To: Kim Nguyen/EWC/Enron@Enron
cc: Jeff Duff/EWC/Enron@ENRON, John M Ruiz/EWC/Enron@Enron, Patricia 
Hunter/EWC/Enron@ENRON 

Subject: Re: Autodownload tool  

Kim,

This looks pretty good, and will certainly be helpful to the people at the 
site trying to do the downloads. Just a couple of points:

(1) From this I don't understand how metmasts are to be configured. So maybe 
some clarification of that would be good. (Is it Met[met#] (WTG#) ?)

(2) For the Monyymm.db files, we need to get both the current month and the 
previous month (at least for the 1st week of the month), I can't tell if this 
software is doing that.

This looks like this should provide a big help in downloading data. Do you 
have a sample that you can send so we can compare to what our oracle upload 
script is expecting? (Just to be sure.)

Hope my comments are helpful.

Mark

Kim Nguyen
06/24/2002 10:02 AM
To: Mark Fisher/EWC/Enron@Enron
cc:  

Subject: Re: Autodownload tool

hi Mark,

The files-download tool is finished, but before we deploy it to the field,  
can  you please review the Auto-download Program Version 1 spec and let me 
know if it follows the requirements?   Also, I am modifying the code for 
version 2. Thus, it is very important that I hear from you.  Thank you much!

Kim

---------------------- Forwarded by Kim Nguyen/EWC/Enron on 06/24/2002 10:06 
AM ---------------------------

Jeff Duff
06/21/2002 06:22 PM
To: Kim Nguyen/EWC/Enron@Enron
cc: Ronald Brzezinski/EWC/Enron@ENRON, Kevin Cousineau/EWC/Enron@ENRON, Joe 
Chapman/EWC/Enron@ENRON, Clemens W"ste/DEVELOP/TWT/DE@TWTDE, Markus 
Altenschulte/DEVELOP/TWT/DE@TWTDE 

Subject: Re: Autodownload tool  

Kim,

First, Hollis will be out of the office until further notice.  I'll be 
coordinating his tasks for the time being.  Since I don't have the full back 
ground on this development here are my thoughts.

I agree we should work towards the best solution for the task.  It may be 
that the version you are testing is that solution.  The immediate problem we 
are trying to solve is;

1) the sites spend too much time downloading these files
2) we need data consistently and frequently here in Tehachapi, system 
performance team,
3) the sooner we have a solution the more time we will save.

A quick review of the REC document indicates some type of download cycle in 
addition to file format, which would be useful for other reasons.  The on 
site servers are not set up to store real-time data currently, nor is the SQL 
transfer program currently designed to accommodate all of the various files 
listed in either solution.

Last thing, would it be possible for you to send me test data so we can test 
out upload to our STAR db.  There shouldn't be an issue, but this would 
complete a 360 test.

Jeff Duff

Kim Nguyen
06/21/2002 04:27 PM
To: Jeff Duff/EWC/Enron@ENRON
cc:  

Subject: Autodownload tool

---------------------- Forwarded by Kim Nguyen/EWC/Enron on 06/21/2002 04:43 
PM ---------------------------

Kim Nguyen
06/21/2002 04:25 PM
To: Hollis Kimbrough/EWC/Enron@ENRON
cc: Ronald Brzezinski/EWC/Enron@ENRON, Kevin Cousineau/EWC/Enron@ENRON, Joe 
Chapman/EWC/Enron@ENRON, Clemens W"ste/DEVELOP/TWT/DE@TWTDE, Markus 
Altenschulte/DEVELOP/TWT/DE@TWTDE 

Subject: Autodownload tool

Hi Hollis,

It seems that REC- SCADA is working on the same task as I am, though the 
actual coding has yet begun.  I have coded and now testing at Klondike a 
simplified version of this task (spec. attached).    But before I start to 
modify the code for version 2, perhaps we and REC project leader of this tool 
should come together to derive an optimal decision for this task. What are 
your thoughts?   

User Interface for version 2: 

---------------------- Forwarded by Kim Nguyen/EWC/Enron on 06/21/2002 04:36 
PM ---------------------------

Ronald Brzezinski on 06/20/2002 11:01:44 AM
To: Joe Chapman/EWC/Enron@ENRON, Kim Nguyen/EWC/Enron@Enron
cc: Kevin Cousineau/EWC/Enron@ENRON, Hollis Kimbrough/EWC/Enron@ENRON 

Subject: Autodownload tool

Kim,
Please contact Markus Altenschulte and discuss overlap in activities.
You may need to also contact Clemens Woeste
Ron

Markus Altenschulte/DEVELOP/TWT/DE
011 49 173 255 8152 cell
011 49 5971 980 1161 office

Clemens W"ste/DEVELOP/TWT/DE
011 49 5971 980 1132 office

---------------------- Forwarded by Ronald Brzezinski/EWC/Enron on 06/20/2002 
11:15 AM ---------------------------

Clemens W"ste@TWTDE
06/20/2002 06:52 AM
To: Ronald Brzezinski/EWC/Enron@ENRON
cc: Kevin Cousineau/EWC/Enron@ENRON, Hollis Kimbrough/EWC/Enron@ENRON, 
REC-SCADA 

Subject: Autodownload tool

Hallo everybody,

attached are some screenshots of the "Automatic download tool"

Markus Altenschulte is working on the specification. 

If he has finished his work I will distribute the document.

Best regards,

Clemens W"ste
GE Wind Energy GmbH
SCADA Development
Holsterfeld 16
48499 Salzbergen, Germany