Subject: Operating State 29
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 08:07:00 -0700 (PDT)

Mark,

The operating state codes 2 to 6 represent manual pitch overide. 
The user can issue these pitch overides from the "Control blade angle" screen 
as shown in Figure-1.

The operating state code 13 represent manual speed overide.  
The user can issue this speed overide from the "Control speed" screen as 
shown in Figure-2.

Note that if both manual speed control and manual pitch control are issued at 
the same time 
then the manual pitch control status is only shown for the operating state.

Figure-1

Figure-2

Operating State (Channel 29)

 Value Description

 0: Spare
 1: Spare
 2: Blade angle setpoint (all blades)
 3: Blade angle plus
 4: Blade angle minus
 5: Blade angle stop
 6: Blade angle setpoint (single blades)
 7: Spare
 8: Spare
 9: Spare
 10: Spare
 11: Feathering position
 12: Idle position
 13: Manual speed setting
 14: Run up
 15: Idle position 
 16: Load operation
 17: Manual torque setting
 18: Shut down (speed)
 19: Shut down load 
 20: Grid disconnection

Note: Operating state gets averaged in the 10-min data (Minana.db), 
 and will not be accurate if the turbine changes state during the
 10-minute period.

---------------------- Forwarded by Joe Chapman/EWC/Enron on 06/27/2002 09:56 
AM ---------------------------

Mark V Walker
06/27/2002 08:45 AM
To: Joe Chapman/EWC/Enron@Enron, Garth Ripton/EWC/Enron@Enron
cc: Mark Fisher/EWC/Enron@Enron 

Subject: Operating State 29

Joe Chapman sent us an email listing a short textual description associated 
with each value of Operating State 29.  Some are easy to interpret (ex. 11 is 
"Feathering position") because they are a visible element on the state 
transition diagram in the controller document supplied by Garth.  Others 
aren't easy to interpret.   Where should we look to understand the triggering 
criteria for text strings associated with Operating states 0-6 and 13.   We 
are willing to do the work of reading the documentation if you can tell us 
what to read.  These values are labeled "Blade angle setpoint (all blades)",  
" Blade angle plus", "Blade angle minus",  "Blade angle stop", " Blade angle 
setpoint (single blades)", and "Manual speed setting".    I assume from these 
names and the fact that they are not common in the SCADA data that all but 
Blade angle stop are solely used for controller parameter changes or software 
changes.   We want to use Operating State 29 in our Statistical Process 
Control and reporting logic but the lack of understanding on these parameter 
values holds us back.