Subject: Growing Pains - E-mail Conversion
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 04:13:00 -0700 (PDT)

Due to the fact that we have 63 Gigabytes of mail on our Notes server that 
has to be converted to Outlook, we must start the conversion process 
immediately in order to ensure that you have access to your old Lotus Notes 
e-mail when you come in on Monday.  What does this mean to you?

1. Currently, when you send e-mail from your Lotus Notes account, it includes 
a "reply to" heading that indicates your e-mail address is 
[email-masked].  When folks hit the reply button, it 
automatically puts your @ps.ge.com address in the "To" field.  When this 
e-mail hits the GE server, it is forwarded to your old @enron.com address, 
which is why it is still delivered to your Notes mailbox.  

2. When we start the conversion, we have to stop forwarding to the @enron.com 
address.  This means that any mail addressed to your @ps.ge.com address will 
stop at GE.  You will be able to see these messages on Monday in your Outlook 
mailbox when you come in.  Any mail addressed to the old @enron.com address 
will show up in your Lotus Notes mailbox for the remainder of this week.  
However, any mail that comes in addressed to your @enron.com address after 
your particular mailfile has been converted, will not show up in your Outlook 
mailbox on Monday.  There is no way to tell you exactly when your particular 
mailfile will be converted.  The program will convert 1 GB per hour, and goes 
in alphabetical order.

In short, you may lose a few e-mails during the transition process, based on 
the timing of your mailfile conversion.  I would suggest that you ask your 
critical contacts to send any e-mail to both the @ps.ge.com and the 
@enron.com addresses for the remainder of the week.  This will provide the 
best assurance that you will not miss any critical messages.

Conversion will begin at 12:00 noon today.

Thanks for your cooperation and understanding.

--D