Subject: SCADA Daylight Savings Time information
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 03:29:00 -0800 (PST)

On Sunday, April 7 2002 at 2am, Daylight Savings Time begins.
Please ensure your windfarm is in the following configuration.

Plant PCs should have "Automatically adjust clock for daylight saving 
changes" NOT checked
 - Double-click on time in lower right corner of Plant PC to verify/configure
 - During site commissioning, all WTGs should have been configured for NOT 
checked.

Park PC should have "Automatically adjust clock for daylight saving changes" 
NOT checked
 - Double-click on time in lower right corner of PC  to verify/configure
 - During site commissioning, Park PCs should have been configured for NOT 
checked.

Required Action
Park PC must be manually adjusted for the time change.

Time synch program must be running from Park PC.
 - Reference SUB 374, distributed in February 2002.
 - Note:  Time synch program must be manually restarted any time the Park PC 
re-boots.

Discussion
The Time synch program will synchronize all WTG PCs
The Time synch program runs on the Park PC
The Park PC must NOT be set to automatically adjust for Daylight Savings time 
because this will cause the Time synch program to send the incorrect time to 
the WTGs (This is because Microsoft Windows uses Greenwhich Mean time and 
converts to local time, including Daylight Savings)

Time-synch must not be checked at Plant or Park because a Windows prompt 
appears at 2am April 7 asking if automatic update to Daylight Savings Time is 
OK.  This prompt requires a person to manually respond.  If the PC re-boots 
before the manual response, the PC will not complete its boot process because 
it is again waiting for a manual response to the prompt.  This means that 
VisuPro will not start, and will not collect WTG data from the Bachmann.

Verification of Plant PCs  "Automatically adjust clock for daylight saving 
changes" NOT checked can be performed from the Park PC after 2am April 7.  
Look at the WTG time on the Network Overview screen.  Any WTGs that are one 
hour different require configuration at the WTG.

If questions, contact Ron Brzezinski, Joe Chapman, or Alaadin Suliman.

Thank you.

Ron