Subject: Re: Monthly Reports
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 06:39:00 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks for the feedback Matt, I understand why the format needed to change. 
Now we need to decide how we will incorporate the data from the revised 
curtailment report into the monthly report given to the owner.  

Matt Allsup
04/10/2002 12:34 PM
To: Kurt Anderson/EWC/Enron@ENRON
cc: George Griese/EWC/Enron@Enron, Bo Thisted/EWC/Enron@Enron, Danielle 
Lewis/EWC/Enron@Enron, Mark V Walker/EWC/Enron@ENRON, Mark 
Fisher/EWC/Enron@Enron 

Subject: Monthly Reports

Kurt, 
We changed from the Feb. curtailment format to the new format because 
curtailments are being recorded more accurately now.  Take this example of a 
typical curtailment: CPS requests that we keep each line at 30MW.  With the 
old format, we would enter one line of information that contained all of the 
turbines that were shut down.  This would work IF the same exact turbines 
were shut down for the duration of the curtailment.  This is never the case.  
To maintain a specific output (which is always what CPS requests) we are 
constantly shutting down and starting turbines due to windspeed fluctuation.  
Using the old format, there would be a new line entered every time another 
turbine was shut down or restarted.  This would also imply (inaccurately) 
that all the turbines affected by the curtailment were stopped and started 
each time a new turbine was added.  

With the new format, when we start or stop a turbine we just add another 
line.  This is the better method of the two to accurately record the down 
time, because it is itemized.  If the operators follow the procedure that has 
been given to them, this will be very accurate.  I apologize for the 
confusion over some of the information on the first March Log.  We have gone 
over the procedure again with all onsite personnel so we should not see the 
discrepancies again that we saw in March.

If you have any questions or suggestions, please give me a call.  Also, if 
you give me your fax#, I can fax you an original copy of the curtailment form 
so you can see first hand how the information is recorded.

Thank you
Matt

---------------------- Forwarded by Matt Allsup/EWC/Enron on 04/10/2002 01:57 
PM ---------------------------

Kurt Anderson
04/10/2002 10:57 AM
To: Bo Thisted/EWC/Enron@Enron, George Griese/EWC/Enron@Enron, Mike 
Abbott/EWC/Enron@ENRON
cc: Danielle Lewis/EWC/Enron@Enron, Mark Fisher/EWC/Enron@Enron, Mark V 
Walker/EWC/Enron@ENRON, Matt Allsup/EWC/Enron@Enron, Bryan 
Gregory/EWC/Enron@Enron 

Subject: Monthly Reports

Hey guys, the attached is the curtailment page from the Feb. Clear Sky 
monthly report. This format is one that I would like to stick with but if it 
not practical to provide the information in this format it is acceptable to 
alter or change it as long as we provide the information in one form or 
another. I am not sure what drove the change in format but we need to decide 
how this information will be provided and stick with it on a consistent 
basis. With the coming changes in the Asset Management group it behooves us 
to standardize each portion of the monthly report. The person responsible for 
compiling the information contained in the report as well as preparing the 
monthly reports is going to change very soon. 

Lets discuss this soon as the March reports are due next week.

Thanks

KA