Subject: Re: Do Not Download or Install Software to your Machines
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 09:26:00 -0700 (PDT)

Denise,

A couple of questions about software. 

I have used and would like to continue to use MiKTeX (A windows version of 
TeX, the technical typesetting program). I find it is useful for 
automatically formatting reports in fact I have designed the automated 
summary report for the turbine SPC report using this program. This is 
freeware. (The TeX users group http://www.tug.org/ has information of TeX 
implementations. MiKTeX is probably the best, but PCTeX by Personal TeX is a 
good non-free version). Please let me know what will need to be done so that 
I can continue to use this software.

I was also planning to start Syncing my PDA with Outlook (as soon as Outlook 
is configured for use). So can I install the "Palm" software for this purpose?

Mark Fisher

Denise Williams
07/04/2002 10:17 AM
To: GE_Benefits
cc:  

Subject: Do Not Download or Install Software to your Machines

In accordance with the GE Power Systems Information Security Manual and 
Security Procedure Guide (a copy can be found on the Transfer directory under 
GEPS Information Security Manual), users are not allowed to download or 
install software that is not authorized by GEPS management.  This includes, 
but is not limited to, Web Shots, Real Player, Spinner, WinAmp, Games, Post 
It Notes, Bonzi Buddy, Napster, Morpheus, or Limewire.  Additionally, users 
are not allowed to bring in software from home and install it on their work 
computers.  

Please take a little time and read through the Guide.  GE has strict policies 
and procedures regarding the use of GE owned equipment, and they monitor 
every machine on the network.  If you have any questions about what can or 
can not be loaded on your machine, please send me an e-mail.

Thanks.

--D