Subject: Re: RP00-249 Rehearing Request
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 05:07:00 -0700 (PDT)

I agree with your concern but I've gotten comfortable that the pleading does 
a good job of finessing the issue.  Technically, you are right and PNM's 
service is neither "firm" or "interruptible."  It is my understanding that 
PNM  assigns priority based on a number of factors including whether the 
customer is a core customer or not, et cet.  I think that PNM is capable of 
determining on a contract by contract basis whether the capacity will be 
firm, even though the rate schedule may not say "firm."   Explaining all that 
complexity would make it unlikely that FERC would approve the rehearing.  
Nevertheless, I believe its accurate to say that we will only repackage as 
firm service the capacity that we buy from PNM and that they tell us is 
"firm."  I think the draft does that, without going throught the unhelpful 
detail on how PNM handles its own priority system.  If I misunderstand the 
facts or if anyone disagrees with this approach, lets talk about it.  DF  

   

	From:  Mary Kay Miller                           10/13/2000 11:25 AM

To: Susan Scott/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, [email-masked]
cc: Glen Hass/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Drew Fossum@ENRON, Lorraine 
Lindberg/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Mary Darveaux 

Subject: Re: RP00-249 Rehearing Request  

I have a concern with this overall argument about firm and interrupitble as 
we stated we would only buy firm service from PNM, but moreso, when we looked 
at the detail of the PNM service when preparing for the technical conference, 
it is only best efforts-  does this argument fit?  and can we really buy firm 
service from them??  MK

Susan Scott
10/13/2000 09:46 AM
To: Mary Kay Miller/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Glen Hass/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Drew 
Fossum@ENRON, Lorraine Lindberg/ET&S/Enron@ENRON
cc:  

Subject: RP00-249 Rehearing Request

Take a look at this and let me know if you have further comments.
---------------------- Forwarded by Susan Scott/ET&S/Enron on 10/13/2000 
09:45 AM ---------------------------

"Gallagher, Boland and Meiburger" <[email-masked]> on 10/13/2000 08:25:11 AM
To: "Susan Scott" <[email-masked]>
cc:  

Subject: RP00-249 Rehearing Request

    Please see attached from Steve Stojic.

 - rehearing req.doc