Subject: Gallup - Status Update, May 4, AM
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 03:39:00 -0700 (PDT)

Please call when you've reviewed this.  Thanks. DF
---------------------- Forwarded by Drew Fossum/ET&S/Enron on 05/03/2000 
10:36 AM ---------------------------

	
	From:  Susan Scott                           05/03/2000 08:46 AM

To: Drew Fossum@ENRON, Donna Martens/ET&S/Enron@ENRON
cc:  

Subject: Gallup - Status Update, May 4, AM

FYI
---------------------- Forwarded by Susan Scott/ET&S/Enron on 05/03/2000 
08:44 AM ---------------------------

James Pfeffer@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT
05/03/2000 08:00 AM
To: Michel Nelson/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, John R Keller/OTS/Enron@Enron, Ray 
Smith/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Lorraine Lindberg/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Arnold L 
Eisenstein/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Steven 
Harris/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, James Pfeffer/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, 
Rich Jolly/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Jeffery Fawcett/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Rich 
Plachy/Enron Communications@Enron Communications, David 
Roensch/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Team Gallup/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Ronald 
Matthews/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Earl Chanley/ET&S/Enron@Enron, Vera 
Jones/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Brian H Mellon/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, 
John G Keller@EES, Phil Lowry@ENRON, Darrell Schoolcraft@ENRON, Susan 
Scott@ENRON, Kevin Hyatt@ENRON
cc:  

Subject: Gallup - Status Update, May 4,  AM

The suction strainer was removed last night.  The piping spool was 
reinstalled without the major compressor alignment problems that were 
expected.  This significantly reduced the downtime necessary for the removal 
of the suction strainer.

No major foreign materials were found in the strainer.  Some small weld beads 
were found.  There were some signs that the strainer may have been vibrating.

Several compressor test runs were made early this AM to measure the vibration 
levels without the suction strainer.  The high frequency vibration was 
reduced to safe levels.  There is no longer any risk to the unit piping 
integrity.

The compressor bearing vibration did not decrease due to the removal of the 
strainer.  Rolls will continue to assess the collected vibration data to 
determine the cause of the high drive end bearing vibration and construct a 
game plan.

The station once again became available for service around 4 AM.  The 
compressor may or may not be run dependent on need.  Gallup Ops and Gas 
Control are in close contact.

The station will be manned if the compressor is running due to Gas Control 
being unable to send remote setpoints to the station controller.  The problem 
stems from OPTO-22 not supporting the particular Modbus function required to 
send setpoints.  This is a +lack of functionality, in the new LCM4 version 
controllers/software utilized on the Gallup Project.  

EECC has been in contact with OPTO-22 to determine the time table for 
resolving this problem.  EECC, TW Ops are working on a temporary fix to 
enable Gas Control to send remote setpoints to Gallup.  Gas Control is 
currently able to monitor data from Gallup.

Some instrumentation will be replaced today that failed due to the high 
vibration over the fast few days.

Final tuning of the station control loops and surge control will be also be 
conducted today.

James Pfeffer