Subject: Re: Louisiana Compressor Fuel
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 01:20:00 -0700 (PDT)

Unless we have bought something that I'm not aware of, I don't believe TW or 
NN has any assets or operations in Louisiana and therefore should not be 
subject to the referenced tax.  As far as other jurisdictions, I don't expect 
that we'd have a problem with in-kind payment as an additional payment 
option.  On TW, which has no fuel tracker, in kind tax payment probably 
wouldn't help us.  Northern does have a fuel tracker, however, and might 
avoid adverse earnings impact from tax volatility if we could pay those taxes 
in kind and stick them in the tracker.  We probably couldn't do that until 
the next rate case, however, because all current taxes are built into our 
base rates at some representative level.   

Rod Hayslett

04/10/2000 01:00 PM
To: James Saunders/FGT/Enron@ENRON, Robert Kilmer/FGT/Enron@ENRON, Dorothy 
McCoppin/FGT/Enron@ENRON, Frazier King/FGT/Enron@ENRON, Bob 
Chandler/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Mary Kay Miller/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Drew 
Fossum/ET&S/Enron@ENRON
cc: Jerry Thomas Moore/Corp/Enron@ENRON 

Subject: Louisiana Compressor Fuel

What do you all think of this one?

---------------------- Forwarded by Rod Hayslett/FGT/Enron on 04/10/2000 
01:00 PM ---------------------------

Jerry Thomas Moore
04/10/2000 11:43 AM
To: Michael L Fredell/HOU/ECT@ECT, Greek Rice/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Robert 
Guthrie/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Rod Hayslett/FGT/Enron@ENRON, Sandra 
Hrna/HOU/ECT@ect, Bill Moore/HOU/EES@EES, Gavin Russo/Corp/Enron@ENRON
cc:  

Subject: Louisiana Compressor Fuel

There is a proposal concerning paying the Louisiana Use (Sales) Tax by using 
in-kind rather than paying cash.  Please see the attached memo below giving 
details and asking for your comments:

 -jtm