Subject: Re: Commission Adopts New Rules for OCS Pipelines
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 04:04:00 -0800 (PST)

We are checking this out.  I'll get with MKM and compare notes and get back 
to you.  Thanks.  DF

   

	From:  Bill Cordes                           03/29/2000 09:41 AM

To: Mary Kay Miller/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Drew Fossum/ET&S/Enron@ENRON
cc:  

Subject: Commission Adopts New Rules for OCS Pipelines

Does this impact MOPS or Seagull situations?

    Bill
---------------------- Forwarded by Bill Cordes/ET&S/Enron on 03/29/2000 
09:40 AM ---------------------------

Shelley Corman
03/29/2000 09:37 AM
To: Caroline Barnes/FGT/Enron@ENRON, Martha Benner/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Lynn 
Blair/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Sharon Brown/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Jack 
Boatman/FGT/Enron@ENRON, Janet Butler/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Deb 
Cappiello/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Alma Carrillo/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Janet 
Cones/FGT/Enron@ENRON, Bill Cordes/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Shelley 
Corman/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Larry DeRoin/NPNG/Enron@ENRON, Rick 
Dietz/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Dari Dornan/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, John 
Dushinske/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Sharon Farrell/FGT/Enron@ENRON, Drew 
Fossum/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Donna Fulton/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Lou 
Geiler/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, John Goodpasture/OTS/Enron@ENRON, Bob M 
Hall/FGT/Enron@ENRON, Steven Harris/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Glen 
Hass/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Rod Hayslett/FGT/Enron@ENRON, Bambi 
Heckerman/NPNG/Enron@ENRON, Theresa Hess/ET&S/Enron, Staci 
Holtzman/FGT/Enron@ENRON, Tamara Hopkins/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Stanley 
Horton/Corp/Enron@Enron, Steven January/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Anne 
Jolibois/FGT/Enron@ENRON, Steven J Kean/HOU/EES@EES, Robert 
Kilmer/FGT/Enron@ENRON, Frazier King/FGT/Enron@ENRON, Steve 
Kirk/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Tim Kissner/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Laura 
Lantefield/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Terry Lehn/FGT/Enron@Enron, Teb 
Lokey/FGT/Enron@ENRON, Dorothy McCoppin/FGT/Enron@ENRON, Mike 
McGowan/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Kent Miller/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Mary Kay 
Miller/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Michael Moran/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Sheila 
Nacey/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Ray Neppl/NPNG/Enron@ENRON, Dave 
Neubauer/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Virginia O'Neill/ET&S/Enron@Enron, Zelda 
Paschal/FGT/Enron@ENRON, Maria Pavlou/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Keith 
Petersen/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Peggy Phillips/FGT/Enron@ENRON, Janet 
Place/NPNG/Enron@ENRON, Tony Pryor/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Pilar 
Ramirez/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Jenny Rub/GPGFIN/Enron@Enron, Patti 
Rumler/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Cynthia Sandherr/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Dave 
Schafer/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Donna Scott/FGT/Enron@ENRON, Susan 
Scott/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Emily Sellers/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Sharon 
Solon/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Cindy Stark/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Rockey 
Storie/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, James Studebaker/FGT/Enron@ENRON, Dee 
Svatos/NPNG/Enron@ENRON, Stephen Veatch/FGT/Enron@ENRON, Linda 
Wehring/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Julia White/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Ricki 
Winters/ET&S/Enron@Enron
cc:  

Subject: Commission Adopts New Rules for OCS Pipelines

At the meeting this morning, the Commission issued new regulations under the 
Outer Continental Shelf Lands Act for Pipelines on the Outer Continental 
Shelf (RM99-5). 

In a nutshell, the rules add new reporting requirements for offshore pipes  
in order to level the playing field with offshore pipelines that are 
regulated under the Natural Gas Act.  

In an important change from the NOPR, the rule exempts from these new 
requirements offshore pipelines that are already regulated under NGA (i.e. 
there will not be dual reporting requirements).

Commissioner Breathitt explained that while this is a modest step and doesn't 
address all OCS issues, she feels like this  provides a light-handed 
regulatory alternative for regulating offshore pipes.