Subject: TW
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 06:19:00 -0800 (PST)

In the last several weeks several areas have come up where the TW commercial 
team could, in my opinion, use some clear written guidance on gray areas 
under the tariff ought to be interpreted.  Here is my list.  Please add items 
if I've missed any.

1.  When can TW "selectively market" available capacity?   I.e., if capacity 
is on the board as available, and no one has bought it, are there any limits 
on calling up a customer, or a group of customers, and pitching a deal?  I 
think we have a lot of discretion here--after all, using the telephone to 
talk to one customer is always "selective" since there's only one guy on the 
phone, not all our customers.  Also, can we deliberately leave a customer off 
the list of "the usual suspects" we call to pitch a special deal like an 
index to index deal or a discount?  I've asked Lee to pull together a quick 
analysis of this issue.  

2.  If we get multiple bids for a chunk of capacity outside of the open 
season context, how do we allocate it?  This is the situation we got into a 
couple of weeks ago on the '02 and '03 space.  Are we always required to use 
a lottery?  Do we need to modify the tariff to use pro rata, or can we use 
pro rata simply by notifying the customers in advance?

3.  What approval process applies to max rate contracts and negotiated rate 
contracts?  The ET&S discount approval procedure still applies to TW 
discounted deals (even there is no ET&S anymore).  I think all neg. rate 
deals should be approved by law and regulatory, but I don't need to see max 
rate strd language deals.    
4.  ???  I think there was another issue, but I can't remember what it was.  

Thanks for your input on this.  DF