Subject: Re: Support for Tennessee's Hourly Firm Service
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 09:58:00 -0800 (PST)

I don't have a problem supporting the concept generally.  Since they took the 
trouble to ask for our help, its probably the right thing to do politically 
and relationship-wise.  On the substance, I doubt this will do them or us 
much good in the long run as FERC will just ignore us all if pipelines start 
acting as cheerleaders for each others' proposals.  Will they ghost write it 
or do you need someone to draft it up?  DF

Shelley Corman
01/18/2001 03:11 PM
To: Drew Fossum/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Mary Kay Miller/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Maria 
Pavlou/ET&S/Enron, Dave Neubauer/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Robert 
Kilmer/FGT/Enron@ENRON, Steven Harris/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Ray 
Neppl/NPNG/Enron@ENRON, Jack Boatman/FGT/Enron@ENRON, Frazier 
King/FGT/Enron@ENRON, Julia White/ET&S/Enron@ENRON
cc:  

Subject: Support for Tennessee's Hourly Firm Service

Margarite Wong-Chapman, general counsel of Tennessee Gas Pipeline (and Peggy 
Heeg, general counsel of El Paso corp) called me to see if the Enron Pipeline 
would be willing to file in support of their hourly firm filing.  She called 
because she said that our pipelines are on record as saying that pipelines 
need flexibility to serve electric generators.  Protests are coming from the 
Dynegy/Indicate Shipper crowd that claim that pipeline can provide hourly 
flexibility within current FT.   A technical conference is set for next 
Tues.  & either Nancy or Jan will cover.

I told Margarite that I would see whether I could drum up any support for an 
ETS intervention and comments in support.  I told her that any ETS comments 
would at most be brief and state general support for the notion that pipeline 
need flexibility to serve electric generators.  I also told her that I 
doubted that we could file by next Tues.  

Let me know what you think.  Personally I see some value from cooperating 
with El Paso on this issue.

FYI - I will separately fax you a copy of the proposal to be discussed at the 
next INGAA/Generator roundtable meeting next Tues. here in Houston.  For the 
most part, the proposal is more of the same tone -- we should be able to 
serve generators under existing services.