Subject: Re: Request to purchase chair(s) for Susan
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 01:25:00 -0800 (PST)

Thanks for the helpful message.  I'll go ahead and order her one--I think 
I'll let her decide where she wants it, as two chairs sounds a bit over the 
top.  DF

   

	From:  Norma Hasenjager                           01/16/2001 08:33 AM

To: Drew Fossum/ET&S/Enron@ENRON
cc:  

Subject: Re: Request to purchase chair(s) for Susan  

We do not have a "policy" regarding the ergonomic chairs.  From my 
experience, management can approve this request if it is reasonable 
(generally, if the person making the request is confined to long hours in an 
office chair which could potentially cause or worsen back problems) and if 
they have money in the budget as the cost would be borne by the department.  
I understand that Pat Scarsborrow (sp?) at 3-5368 is the person in Property 
in Houston to contact for these chairs.  I also found out that any time new 
furniture is ordered, that these chairs are now standard issue.  Our Safety 
person indicated that OSHA is coming out with new rules this year which may 
require that companies provide this benefit to employees, so you may as well 
get ahead of the game.  I'm told that it generally takes 2-3 months after the 
order is placed before the chairs arrive.

Please let me know if you have any other questions in this regad.

Drew Fossum
01/13/2001 09:45 AM
To: Norma Hasenjager/ET&S/Enron@ENRON
cc:  

Subject: Request to purchase chair(s) for Susan

Lou, do we have any sort of policy on requests like this?  Lee Huber made the 
same request last year and we gave her the chair (she only wanted one, 
however).  Norma, any thoughts?  
---------------------- Forwarded by Drew Fossum/ET&S/Enron on 01/13/2001 
09:43 AM ---------------------------

DENISE LAGESSE
01/12/2001 01:14 PM
To: Drew Fossum/ET&S/Enron@ENRON
cc: Susan Scott/ET&S/Enron@ENRON 

Subject: Request to purchase chair(s) for Susan

Susan Scott would like authorization to order an Aeron chair for each of her 
offices - on 47 and 41.  This particular chair is designed to help with back 
problems, which she has.  Many people at Enron already have this type of 
chair, but we rarely, if ever, have a surplus because they are so popular.  
The cost is $567.77 per chair plus tax.  Please approve the purchase of two.  
Thanks!