Subject: E-mail / Voice Mail Retention Policy Change Notice
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 07:33:00 -0800 (PST)

E-mail / Voice Mail Retention Policy Change Notice

We have just received notice of a change to the e-mail and voice mail 
retention policy.  The change will go into effect Friday, December 15, 2000.

The greatest impact will be to your "sent mail," which will be retained only 
30 days as compared to the current 365 days.  

As a reminder, you should not use the email system to store important 
documents.
They should be saved to your network directory which is regularly backed up.

However, for 'sent' messages you want to keep longer than 30 days in the 
email system, you should move the messages from the Sent Mail to a specific 
folder where the messages can be kept 365 days.

The scope of the e-mail retention policy includes all forms of electronic 
mail, for example, Lotus Notes Mail, Internet e-mail, Outlook e-mail, and 
voice mail.

Enron supports a work environment in which information is freely exchanged 
and encourages employees, contractors, and agents working on behalf of Enron 
to use its computers and related electronic resources in accomplishing their 
work.  Computers, systems, and networks and the work products they contain 
are Enron property and subject to Enron review and control.  All Enron 
employees, contractors, and agents are responsible for using the computing 
resources provided to them by Enron in an appropriate manner.

The revised retention schedule follows:

Message Location    Maximum Retention
Inbox     30 Days
Message Log/Sent Mail   30 Days
Trash     Rollover from Inbox for 15 days
Bulletin Boards    30 Days
Folders/Archives    E-mails placed in Folders or Archives ) one year
Voice mail     90 days

The Corp IT Group responsible for maintaining compliance with this 
e-mail/voice mail policy will automatically purge e-mail and voice mail older 
than the allowed maximum retention age.  Any exception to this policy 
requires approval from Mark Haedicke or Richard Sanders.

If you need assistance in creating folders and saving documents to them, 
please call the Helpdesk x7454.  We will be glad to assist you.

Thank.  Jean x7173