Subject: Re: Complaint Against Gas Sellers to Reimpose Price Caps - Docket No RP01-223
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 09:49:00 -0800 (PST)

Would we be better off letting the trade associations fight this one out?  I 
haven't read the pleading yet, but from your description, I wouldn't be 
surprised if all of them oppose it--AGA included.  DF  

From: Shelley Corman/ENRON@enronXgate on 02/06/2001 08:53 AM
To: James D Steffes/NA/Enron@Enron, Steven J Kean/NA/Enron@Enron, Richard 
Shapiro/NA/Enron@Enron, Rebecca W Cantrell/HOU/ECT@ECT, Leslie 
Lawner/NA/Enron@Enron, "Robert Kilmer (E-mail)" 
<[email-masked]>@SMTP@enronXgate, Mary Kay Miller/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Drew 
Fossum/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Dorothy McCoppin/FGT/Enron@ENRON
cc: Margaret Carson/Corp/Enron@ENRON 

Subject: Complaint Against Gas Sellers to Reimpose Price Caps - Docket No 
RP01-223

The National Association of Gas Consumers (an association of municipal gas 
systems) has filed a complaint against all sellers of natural gas in the US 
to re-impose wholesale prices caps.  They are seeking a benchmark (soft cap) 
of $2.74/MMBtu.

The benchmark figure is based on an average gas forecast from a recent 
National Petroleum Council study.  (Ken Lay is a member of the NPC).

The procedural rules are a bit fuzzy.  Ordinarily, respondents have 20 days 
to answer a complaint.   However, FERC rules provide for service on 
respondents.  Here NAGC has not named specific respondents.