Subject: Gallup - Status Update
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 03:39:00 -0700 (PDT)

More stuff on Gallup.  Thanks.DF
---------------------- Forwarded by Drew Fossum/ET&S/Enron on 05/03/2000 
10:37 AM ---------------------------

	
	From:  Susan Scott                           05/03/2000 08:45 AM

To: Drew Fossum@ENRON, Donna Martens/ET&S/Enron@ENRON
cc:  

Subject: Gallup - Status Update

FYI
---------------------- Forwarded by Susan Scott/ET&S/Enron on 05/03/2000 
08:42 AM ---------------------------

James Pfeffer@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT
05/02/2000 08:35 PM
To: Michel Nelson/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, John R Keller/OTS/Enron@Enron, Ray 
Smith/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Lorraine Lindberg/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Arnold L 
Eisenstein/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Steven 
Harris/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, James Pfeffer/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, 
Rich Jolly/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Jeffery Fawcett/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Rich 
Plachy/Enron Communications@Enron Communications, David 
Roensch/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Team Gallup/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Ronald 
Matthews/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Earl Chanley/ET&S/Enron@Enron, Vera 
Jones/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Brian H Mellon/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, 
John G Keller@EES, Phil Lowry@ENRON, Darrell Schoolcraft@ENRON, Susan 
Scott@ENRON, Kevin Hyatt@ENRON
cc:  

Subject: Gallup - Status Update

The Rolls-Royce vibration engineer has reported that the compressor itself is 
not inducing the abnormal vibration levels on the drive end bearings.  The 
engineer did report that the vibration is high for a new compressor, but not 
harmful to the compressor for the short term.

It is Rolls engineer's opinion that the excessive bearing vibration is due to 
vibrations created by gas flow through the suction strainer.  Rolls will be 
reviewing the gathered vibration data over the next few days to provide any 
further feedback.

TW Ops, via independent tests, has determined that the amplitude of the 
vibration that is eminating from the suction strainer is at a level which 
can, over time, be detrimental to the mechanical integrity of the unit 
piping. 

EECC, TW Ops Mgmt, and the TW Ops Team have discussed the situation and have 
decided to temporarily take the unit out of service to pull the suction 
strainer.  The strainer will be inspected for foreign material or damage.  
The strainer will not be replaced unless some foreign material is found.  It 
is hoped that the removal of the strainer will 'de-tune' the piping system.

EECC, TW Ops Mgmt, and the TW Ops Team all feel that the risk of running 
without the startup strainer is minimized since the unit has been running 
intermittently for the past few days and has accumulated some significant run 
time.  It is expected that  any foreign material in the suction piping should 
have already been caught in the strainer.  Secondly, the station was designed 
with a suction scrubber which will further protect the compressor.

It is expected that the unit will be unavailable until midnight May 4, while 
the startup strainer is removed.  Care must be taken during the 
reinstallation of the piping spool as to not affect the compressor alignment 
or apply stress to the compressor nozzles.

James Pfeffer