Subject: Re: Larcamp Visit Today
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2000 15:23:00 -0700 (PDT)

He's not a nazi, he's a commie.  Actually he's a democrat but such subtle 
distinctions escape me.  What MKM is talking about is a conversation I had in 
DC with a buddy of mine who is a commissioner on the Commodity Futures 
Trading Commission.  He said there is a move afoot to expand regulation of 
financial products like weather hedges, spark spread swaps and similar 
industry specific instruments that his agency has not regulated in the past.  
(they just regulate the commodity exchanges like the NYMEX, Chicago Board of 
Trade, etc.)  He also made it sound like Enron Online had made his staff 
people more nervous about the lack of regulation over those kinds of 
products.  The current strategy, he explained, was to solve the problem of 
the CFTC's arguable lack of jurisdiction over such products by getting the 
agencies with jurisdiction over the industry to which such products were 
being sold (i.e., the FERC as to energy products) to regulate the stuff based 
on the CFTC's guidance.  I assume that Kean's group is on top of this, but I 
haven't had the chance to check yet.  I talked to a guy in the DC office 
about 6 months about CFTC issues and will follow up with him on Monday and be 
sure they are aware of this leftist plot.  I can't remember his name just 
now, but he works for Cynthia Sandherr, I think.  I'll let you know what is 
going on after I talk to those folks.  DF 

   

	From:  Mary Kay Miller                           07/21/2000 05:28 PM

To: Bill Cordes/ET&S/Enron@ENRON
cc: Drew Fossum 

Subject: Re: Larcamp Visit Today  

Talk to Drew, he might have an idea--  from his nazi friend.  MK

   

	From:  Bill Cordes                           07/19/2000 07:45 AM

To: Shelley Corman/ET&S/Enron@ENRON
cc: Stanley Horton/Corp/Enron@Enron, Rockford Meyer/FGT/Enron@ENRON, Mary Kay 
Miller/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, [email-masked], Ray Neppl/NPNG/Enron@ENRON, Teb 
Lokey/FGT/Enron@ENRON, Bambi Heckerman/NPNG/Enron@ENRON, Glen 
Hass/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Drew Fossum/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Michael 
Moran/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Dorothy McCoppin/FGT/Enron@ENRON, [email-masked], 
Maria Pavlou/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Susan Scott/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Tony 
Pryor/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Frazier King/FGT/Enron@ENRON, Dari 
Dornan/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Steve Hotte/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Rod 
Hayslett/FGT/Enron@ENRON, Julia White/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, James D 
Steffes/HOU/EES@EES, Christi L Nicolay/HOU/ECT@ECT, Steven J 
Kean/HOU/EES@EES, Joe Hartsoe/Corp/Enron@ENRON, [email-masked] 

Subject: Re: Larcamp Visit Today  

Dan also made a comment when we were chatting that the trading floor and EOL 
tour was "discouraging in a way" because they were not yet prepared to 
regulate such activities. I thought it was kind of frightening that he feels 
they need to regulate such a free market, although it was not clear exactly 
what he meant and I was not able to pursue it with him.

    Bill

Shelley Corman
07/18/2000 11:56 PM
To: Stanley Horton/Corp/Enron@Enron, Bill Cordes/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Rockford 
Meyer/FGT/Enron@ENRON, Mary Kay Miller/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, [email-masked], 
Ray Neppl/NPNG/Enron@ENRON, Teb Lokey/FGT/Enron@ENRON, Bambi 
Heckerman/NPNG/Enron@ENRON, Glen Hass/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Drew 
Fossum/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Michael Moran/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Dorothy 
McCoppin/FGT/Enron@ENRON, [email-masked], Maria Pavlou/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, 
Susan Scott/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Tony Pryor/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Frazier 
King/FGT/Enron@ENRON, Dari Dornan/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Steve 
Hotte/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Rod Hayslett/FGT/Enron@ENRON, Julia 
White/ET&S/Enron@ENRON
cc: James D Steffes/HOU/EES@EES, Christi L Nicolay/HOU/ECT@ECT, Steven J 
Kean/HOU/EES@EES, Joe Hartsoe/Corp/Enron@ENRON, [email-masked] 

Subject: Larcamp Visit Today