Subject: Re: Document Retention discussion
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2000 01:31:00 -0700 (PDT)

Eric, I think it would be good for you to join us for this meeting.  We're 
following up on some concerns that arose during the Conoco case about 
inadequate compliance with Enron document retention policies.  I'm not sure 
that this subject is within your turf down there, but your historical 
experience may be useful.      
---------------------- Forwarded by Drew Fossum/ET&S/Enron on 10/04/2000 
08:25 AM ---------------------------

	
	From:  Drew Fossum                           10/04/2000 08:25 AM

To: Kathy Ringblom/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Julia White/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Mary Kay 
Miller/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Steve Kirk/ET&S/Enron@ENRON
cc: Dari Dornan/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Maria Pavlou/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Jim 
Talcott/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Susan Scott/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Lee 
Huber/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Tony Pryor/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Colleen 
Metz/ET&S/Enron@Enron 

Subject: Re: Document Retention discussion  

Great!!  Here's my question--what responsibility does the legal department 
have to publicize/enforce the Enron document retention policy in other 
departments?  If it isn't our responsibility, whose is it?  I'm concerned 
based on our experience in the Conoco case that most departments 
(occasionally including law) simply ignore the policy.  

I think this subject matter is so interesting that I'm asking the regulatory, 
marketing, and market services departments to send a designated 
representative to attend.   Mary Kay and Julia--please have someone on your 
staff whose responsibility includes managing your inventory of paper join us 
in the VCRs on Oct 10 at 1:30.  We'll be reviewing the Enron document 
retention policies and how to improve our compliance within NN and TW.  
Julia, for your group Rick or someone in his group would probably be best.  
MKM, I'm not sure who is the best person from your group.  Steve, I suspect 
you are the right guy from marketing mostly because you've got more 
experience in the regulatory/legal discovery area than most of your 
colleagues down there.  Sorry. If each of the Marketing, Mkt Services, and 
Regulatory representatives could bring what they believe is the current 
document retention policy/schedule for your group, that would be helpful.   
Thanks.  DF

Kathy Ringblom
10/03/2000 04:50 PM
To: Dari Dornan/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Maria Pavlou/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Jim 
Talcott/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Susan Scott/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Lee 
Huber/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Tony Pryor/ET&S/Enron@ENRON
cc: Drew Fossum/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Colleen Metz/ET&S/Enron@Enron 

Subject: Document Retention discussion

Yes, it's only one week away!  A riveting and thought-provoking discussion on 
document retention!  (Drew's staff meeting on October 10th)   Please submit 
your questions early so that Colleen and I can provide a thorough answer at 
the meeting.

(Seriously, if there's anything specific you would like to know or if you 
have any questions about document retention, let Colleen or me know.  Thanks!)