Subject: Anderton
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 08:30:00 -0800 (PST)

Steve Anderton called today and has cleared the arbitration with his firm's 
conflict committee.  He's sending an email tomorrow describing the specific 
results of his conflict check.  I'll forward it to you both for review.  From 
my discussions with Steve, I think he'd do a great job as our arbitrator.  
Are we all in agreement on using Steve or are there some other competing 
candidates?  Do you guys want to talk to him or meet with him first?  Britt, 
do we need a retention agreement with Steve if we decide to use him?   A 
self-serving retention agreement may be a good idea if we think OneOk might 
challenge our arbitrator based on alleged bias.  Also, if we are good to go 
with Steve, I'd like to send him a package of the key documents and then meet 
with him to discuss the case sometime in the next week or two.  Britt, any 
concerns with my doing that as long as I don't send him anything privileged?  
(I'm assuming for the sake of safety that the attorney client privilege 
doesn't apply to our communications with our arbitrator unless instructed 
otherwise).  He is down in Houston two days a week so we could do it there.  
DF