Subject: Re: States Investigation of UCU Gas Purchasing
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 05:06:00 -0800 (PST)

I'm told that the four states conducting the inquiry into UtiliCorp's gas 
purchases and capacity release methodologies have a conference call with 
UtiliCorp on Friday.

UCU has admitted an "accounting error" to Michigan and has offered a $100,000 
refund.  The PSC is looking for something more in the area of $20 million.

You remember that Nick Schwartz was in Lansing the same day we were last 
month giving a deposition.  Although it was supposed to be on another subject 
it quickly turned to this issue. A copy of the deposition is attached below.

Mike McGowan
11/15/2000 11:01 AM
To: Lon Stanton/ET&S/Enron@ENRON
cc:  

Subject: Re: States Investigation of UCU Gas Purchasing  

Lon - I too was surprised and wondered if that was why Nick was there.  
Anyway you can DISCREETLY find out what's happening (from Joel??    or 
Vince???).