Subject: Messaging problems last night
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 02:46:00 -0700 (PDT)

Good morning, everyone!

Many of you have called or emailed me about Lexis and Westlaw Luncheon 
invitations I sent with past dates.  Those were sent by Andrew Wu to you last 
night.  Andrew Wu is in EES Legal.  Last night, his emails in his inbox were 
altered to "send" status and you all received my old emails about various 
Lexis and Westlaw lunchoen we already had in the past few months.   Enron 
Global Messaging Center is aware of the problem and will fix it soon.  I 
apologize for the inconvenience and confusion it has caused you.   But I 
learn that many of you are interested in Lexis Cyberlaw training.  I'll 
coordinate with Lexis Corporate Attorney to do one in the near future.   I 
will send out invitation when I have the date scheduled.

Thanks,
Sylvia Hu
Corporate and Law Information Services
x36775

----- Forwarded by Sylvia Hu/Corp/Enron on 10/26/2000 09:16 AM -----

	Thomas Schafer
	10/26/2000 08:35 AM
		 
		 To: Sylvia Hu/Corp/Enron@ENRON
		 cc: 
		 Subject: Messaging problems last night

  GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENT

From: Cindy Olson, Executive VP on 10/26/2000 12:24 AM
Sent by: Enron Announcements
To: All Enron Worldwide
cc:  
Subject: Erroneous Messages sent by Andrew Wu/HOU/EES on Wednesday, October 
25th

On Wednesday, October 25, at approximately 7 p.m. CST, you may have received 
e-mail messages which appear to have been sent from Andrew Wu/HOU/EES.  These 
e-mails were generated as the result of an erroneous messaging agent which 
originated on the EES mail system.  The overall effect of the messaging agent 
allowed the "auto-reply" of all messages within Andrew Wu's mail file, many 
which included the Global Distribution group of "Enron Worldwide".  The Enron 
Global Messaging group alerted EES Mail Administration to the event and were 
successful in disabling the "auto-reply" agent rather quickly, however, 
numerous mail messages had already been delivered to your server mailbox.  If 
you received any of these messages, please delete them and do not reply back 
to Andrew Wu regarding the receipt of the messages.  

We apologize for the inconvenience that this may have caused you and will 
strive to ensure that a similar incident does not occur in the future.

Thanks,
Enron Global Messaging Team