Subject: Re: Introduction
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2000 04:08:00 -0800 (PST)

Thanks for the opportunity.  I'm V.P. and General Counsel of Enron 
Transportation and Storage, and its operating companies, Northern Natural Gas 
Co. and Transwestern Pipeline Co.  I'm stationed in Omaha, Nebraska.  I 
practiced law in D.C. for 12 years before FERC and other state and federal 
regulatory agencies and the courts.  As for objectives, I'd like to see the 
group facilitate dialogue and work toward consistency on regulatory strategy, 
as well as serve as a forum for sharing practical "best practices" experience 
Enron people have gained around the world.  I look forward to meeting you!  
DF  

Harry Kingerski@EES
01/04/2000 09:25 AM
To: Drew Fossum/ET&S/Enron@Enron
cc:  

Subject: Introduction

Drew - I talked to Mike Moran this morning and he suggested you for 
participation in this corporate working group (see below).  Very glad to have 
you.  Other group members are from  various parts of Public Affairs, both 
U.S. and International.  Mike also said you may want to have Maria Pavlou 
participate, which I leave up to you.  The perspective from the pipeline 
group will be a great addition to our effort.

Please see the note below and respond at your earliest convenience.  Thanks 
very much.

---------------------- Forwarded by Harry Kingerski/HOU/EES on 01/04/2000 
09:18 AM ---------------------------

Harry Kingerski

12/29/99 11:20 AM
Sent by: Judy Pearson
To: Rates and Tariffs Working Group
cc: Steven J Kean/HOU/EES@EES 
Subject: Introduction

One of Steve Kean's newly formed Working Groups is for "Rates & Tariffs".  I 
have been asked to lead this group.  For those of you who don't know me, I am 
in Houston in the U.S./Canada Government Affairs group, in a section called 
"Rates/Regulatory Services."  Our working group will have about a dozen or so 
people from various parts of Public Affairs.  You have been 
selected/volunteered to participate in this effort by your group leaders.  

The Working Group members are:
Ray Alvarez
Sergio Assad
Roy Boston
Mike Grimes
Kyran Hanks
Rita Hartfield
Nancy Hetrick
Tom Hoatson
Paul Kaufman
Valeria Lima
Bob Neustaedter

Having this group will give us a great opportunity to identify needs related 
to rate and tariff issues across many business lines and countries, share 
resources, problems and solutions, and generally improve the cohesiveness of 
Steve's organization   One of our first tasks will be to think through and 
concretely specify what we expect to accomplish as a group.   We do not have 
a specific product mandate per se - it will be up to us to figure it out and 
deliver it.   Some possibilities are - identifying rates and tariffs policy 
positions, developing policies where none now exist, but are needed, 
identifying rates and tariff resources available to the group, and acquiring 
resources needed by the group. 

As a preliminary matter, could you e-mail me your group name, position, 
location, phone, e-mail address, and "area of expertise".  We will assemble 
this information in a roster to be distributed to the group.

Early in January, we will be in touch to check availability and schedule an 
initial meeting.  Please be as flexible as possible.  In some cases, we are 
many time zones apart and it will be difficult to match everyone's desired 
time. 

As a second preliminary matter, please give some thought to and e-mail me 
what you think a group like this should accomplish.  Remember, the roster 
above has some of the world's leading authorities on rates and tariffs!   We 
will compile both the complete roster and your ideas on group goals and 
distribute them to everybody prior to our first actual meeting.   At that 
first meeting, we will talk through expectations of us and of each other, and 
the proposed goals.  
Please have your inputs to me by January 7.  I look forward to working with 
you.