Subject: Re: Tri-State/Plains Electric Merger
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 02:08:00 -0800 (PST)

Great--I'd be happy to testify if the consensus is that it would help.  Go 
ahead and draft something up and we can talk soon.  Thanks.  DF

   

	From:  Tim Aron                           01/21/2000 05:05 PM

To: Drew Fossum/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Mary Kay Miller/ET&S/Enron@ENRON
cc: Mike McGowan/ET&S/Enron@ENRON 

Subject: Re: Tri-State/Plains Electric Merger  

Drew - I visited with the Senate sponsor (it is now officially SB159) in New 
Mexico and he would probably like to have some comments from Enron at the 
hearing, whenever that is (nothing set yet).  I think that you or Mary Kay 
(since Mike will likely be gone) would be the appropriate officer to 
testify.  I will try and draft some comments since there may be little notice 
for the hearing.  If you disagree, please let me know.

On another matter I asked Rob to find out who Tri-States Gov't Affairs person 
was and it turns out he is an old friend of mine (Dave Mazour) from my water 
resources days.  I spoke to him today and he was pleased to hear of our 
efforts to help.  He also reiterated that his Board is adament they will not 
be regulated by the PRC and will walk from the deal.  I'm sure I will have 
more conversations with him.

I appreciated your taking time to call Carpenter.  All of this helps our 
cause.