Subject: Re: Project Pueblo
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 06:43:00 -0800 (PST)

Great!  We've got a meeting set for 9 am on Wed on the regulatory structure 
of the pipeline.  Also, I talked to Kevin and Tim separately today on the 
market research issue.  I think Tim could probably identify the specific 
electric rate PNM charges DOE at Sandia and DOD at Kirtland as well as the 
general tariff rate for large industrial service.  If we are lucky, there 
might be some info in PNM's last rate case on the discounted electric rates 
it gives specific large industrials (if any).  Obviously, any info on gas or 
elec. loads and rates would be useful.  Kevin, I told Tim you'd give him a 
call to convey further thoughts, but this is probably enough to get Tim 
started.

I got a call this afternoon from Tino.  He asked our help on right of way 
issues with BNSF.  Could Steve, Kevin or Lorraine take point on trying to 
find out if we or anyone within Enron has a good contact at BNSF that we 
could use?  Lets keep all such external contacts very discreet to avoid 
tipping PNM that Enron is involved.  Just in general on the confidentiality 
issue, Tim reminded me of an important date we all need to keep in mind--the 
current leglislative session in Santa Fe ends Feb. 17.  We need to be 
absolutely sure that we don't tip PNM off that we are talking to Langley 
before then so we don't get them interested in the leglislative fix we are 
supporting on the Plains-Tri State merger.  Tim believes PNM could spike that 
leglislative fix in a heartbeat if they wanted to.  That issue is real 
immediate dollars, so lets not let a future deal screw up a present deal 
(even a lawyer like me can figure out the cost benefit on that situation).

Tino had a new fact to work into the economics:  DOE has 6000MMBtu/d of pure 
gas load at Sandia in addition to elec. load.  No number yet on Kirtland gas 
load.  Also, Tino has heard that a guy named Jeff Sturba will likely replace 
Montoya at PNM before the end of the year.  Has anyone else heard that?  Do  
we know him?     

I told Tino that one of us would give him a call back by the end of the week 
just to report in on our analysis.  At minimum, we can probably pass on the 
name of a contact at Enron Wind for Tino to bother on the windmill thing.  
Turned out that the wind pilot project is on the Rosebud reservation in S.D. 
and has nothing to do with the Albuquerque project anyway.  Sorry about the 
random message but thats how my brain is working today.  DF       

Lorraine Lindberg
01/31/2000 01:56 PM
To: Tim Aron/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Drew Fossum/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Steven 
Harris/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Kevin Hyatt, Susan Scott/ET&S/Enron@ENRON
cc:  

Subject: Project Pueblo

Attached please find the "To Do" list for our Albuquerque project - 
tentatively named Pueblo.  I will summarize the meeting notes and forward 
them soon.