Subject: Re: Delineation of Responsibilities
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 05:32:00 -0800 (PST)

??????  I thought our folks had a pretty clear understanding of their 
respective jurisdiction and expertise.  Apparently not.  Lets talk about the 
specifics of this incident when I get back to the office.  Actually, I'll see 
you tomorrow Lou and maybe we can dial Dot in.  Thanks. DF

Louis Soldano
02/01/2000 09:40 AM
Sent by: Jan Cobden
To: Drew Fossum/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Dorothy McCoppin/FGT/Enron@ENRON
cc:  

Subject: Delineation of Responsibilities

Drew and Dot,
 It appears that one of our commercial/regulatory lawyers signed off on a 
right-of-way agreement that they simply should not have, and in my opinion is 
outside their area of expertise and practice.  I am going to follow up with 
the individual on this and it also appears that they were at least in part, a 
victim of a calculated "snow-job" by our brethern over at Enron Northern 
America as well as a misunderstanding of the marketing affilate rule.  Along 
these lines, I am concerned that some of our folks in an effort to be 
responsive to our clients may feel that they have to provide advice in areas 
where they should be seeking the advice of those who practice in that area on 
a routine basis.  I think it would be helpful for the three of us to 
establish guidelines for our folks on when we would expect them to seek 
guidance from others who practice in certain primary areas of 
responsibility.  For example, if an environmental question comes up, I would 
expect any lawyer in our group to talk to Mr. Reich or myself.  If an issue 
arose with respect to Northern's tariff, one would expect that the lawyer 
would speak to Maria, Drew or Dari.  

 Let me know what you think and we will go from there.

Lou