Subject: RE: Nation Fuel Gas Supply Corporation --- ENA & EES Motions
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 10:26:26 -0700 (PDT)

Marshall Turner and I were involved in these and we had client approval to
allow both agreements to be terminated.  Marshall is checking his file for
all the people we talked with at the company about these (and the protocols
and systems that are now in effect weren't quite there at that time).  I
believe we worked with Jeff Hodge and Paul Darmitzel (at EES).  Thanks.

                      "Mark Ellenberg"
                      <Mark.Ellenberg@c        To:       "Vanderhorst, Barry" <[email-masked]>, "Germany, Chris"
                      wt.com>                   <[email-masked]>, "McMichael Jr., Ed" <[email-masked]>, "Garza,
                                                Maria" <[email-masked]>, Melanie Gray/HO/WGM/US@WGM,
                      05/20/02 11:58 AM         [email-masked], "Barbe, Robin" <[email-masked]>, "Mann, Kay"
                                                <[email-masked]>, Melanie Gray/HO/WGM/US@WGM
                                               cc:
                                               Subject:  RE: Nation Fuel Gas Supply Corporation  ---  ENA & EES Motions

looks like there was no opposition and orders were entered rejecting the
agreements.

Mark C. Ellenberg
Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft
1201 F Street, NW
Washington, DC  20004
202.862.2234
----- Forwarded by Mark Ellenberg/DC/CWT on 05/20/02 12:54 PM -----

                    Gina Marie
                    Tuso                 To:     Mark Ellenberg/DC/CWT@CWT
                                         cc:
                    05/20/02 12:50       Subject:     RE: Nation Fuel Gas
                    Supply
                    PM                   Corporation  ---  ENA & EES
                    Motions(Document
                                         link: Mark Ellenberg)

I checked the docket and found each motion and the corresponding order.
There were no responses filed.  I have annexed copies of the motions and
orders for ENA and EES for your review.

(See attached file: National Fuel Stay motion ENA.PDF)(See attached file:
National Fuel Stay order  ENA.PDF)(See attached file: National Fuel Stay
motion EES.PDF)(See attached file: National Fuel Stay order EES.PDF)

Gina Marie Tuso
Legal Assistant
Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft
100 Maiden Lane
New York, New York 10038
Telephone:  212.504.5625
Facsimile:  212.993.2747
Email:  [email-masked]

                    Mark Ellenberg
                                         To:     "Mann, Kay"
                                         <[email-masked]>, Gina
                    05/20/2002           Marie Tuso/NY/CWT@CWT
                    11:14 AM             cc:     "Vanderhorst, Barry"
                                         <[email-masked]>,
                                         "Germany, Chris"
                                         <[email-masked]>,
                                         "McMichael Jr., Ed"
                                         <[email-masked]>, "Garza,
                                         Maria"
                                         <[email-masked]>,
                                         [email-masked],
                                         [email-masked],
                                         "Barbe, Robin"
                                         <[email-masked]>,
                                         "Concannon, Ruth"
                                         <[email-masked]>,
                                         [email-masked]
                                         Subject:     RE: Nation Fuel Gas
                                         Supply
                                         Corporation  ---  ENA & EES
                                         Motions(Document
                                         link: Gina Marie Tuso)

Gina, please locate these motions on the docket and see if any  (1) a
response was filed and (2) an order was entered.  thanks.

Mark C. Ellenberg
Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft
1201 F Street, NW
Washington, DC  20004
202.862.2234

                    "Mann, Kay"
                    <Kay.Mann@ENRO       To:     "Concannon, Ruth"
                    N.com>                <[email-masked]>,
                                          [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    Office:               [email-masked]
                                         cc:     "McMichael Jr., Ed"
                    05/20/02 11:09        <[email-masked]>, "Garza,
                    Maria"
                    AM                    <[email-masked]>,
                    "Germany, Chris"
                                          <[email-masked]>,
                                          "Barbe, Robin"
                                          <[email-masked]>,
                                          [email-masked],
                                          "Vanderhorst,
                                          Barry"
                                          <[email-masked]>
                                         Subject:     RE: Nation Fuel Gas
                                          Supply
                                          Corporation  ---  ENA & EES
                                          Motions

Ruth, this was before my time, but I can check with Jeff Hodge and/or Steve
Van H.

>  -----Original Message-----
> From:         Concannon, Ruth
> Sent:         Monday, May 20, 2002 10:07 AM
> To:           Mann, Kay; [email-masked]'; [email-masked]'
> Cc:           McMichael Jr., Ed; Garza, Maria; Germany, Chris; Barbe,
Robin; [email-masked]'; Vanderhorst, Barry
> Subject:           Nation Fuel Gas Supply Corporation  ---  ENA & EES
Motions
>
> We just found out that National Fuel Gas Supply, NFGS, filed motions with
the bankruptcy court on December 18, 2001 to (1) vacate the automatic stay
and allow NFGS to terminate the firm and interruptible transport
agreements, (2) compel the Debtor to assume or reject the agreements, or
(3) provide adequate assurance of future performance by the Debtor.  A
separate motion for ENA and EES was filed.  The hearing looks like it was
scheduled on January 3, 2002.
>
> I do not believe that ENA's and EES's commercial groups were aware that
these NFGS's motions had been made to the court.  Was Legal involved in a
response to these motions?  If ENA and EES did not respond at the court
hearing, is the decision of the court to terminate the agreements?
>
> Most of the agreements were for interruptible services that had no future
value to the Estate.  One of the two firm ENA agreements was tied to a
"producer netback" transaction that Enron Canada is working on a settlement
with the producer.  The other firm ENA agreement is out-of-the-money and
would have been rejected anyway.
>
> Please confirm that by ENA and EES taking no action at the hearing that
the agreements have been terminated.  I will get with Enron Canada so that
fact can be included in their settlement with the producer.
>
> Thanks for your help,
> Ruth Concannon
>
> 713-853-1667
> [email-masked]
>
>

**********************************************************************
This e-mail is the property of Enron Corp. and/or its relevant affiliate
and may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of
the intended recipient (s). Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by
others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or
authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender or
reply to Enron Corp. at [email-masked] and delete
all copies of the message. This e-mail (and any attachments hereto) are not
intended to be an offer (or an acceptance) and do not create or evidence a
binding and enforceable contract between Enron Corp. (or any of its
affiliates) and the intended recipient or any other party, and may not be
relied on by anyone as the basis of a contract by estoppel or otherwise.
Thank you.
**********************************************************************

==============================================================================

NOTE:  The information in this email is confidential and may be legally
privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, you must not read, use
or disseminate the information.  Although this email and any attachments
are believed to be free of any virus or other defect
that might affect any computer system into which it is received and opened,
it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that it is virus free
and no responsibility is accepted by Cadwalader, Wickersham
& Taft for any loss or damage arising in any way from its use.

==============================================================================

==============================================================================

NOTE:  The information in this email is confidential and may be legally
privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, you must not read, use
or disseminate the information.  Although this email and any attachments
are believed to be free of any virus or other defect
that might affect any computer system into which it is received and opened,
it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that it is virus free
and no responsibility is accepted by Cadwalader, Wickersham
& Taft for any loss or damage arising in any way from its use.

==============================================================================

(See attached file: National Fuel Stay motion ENA.PDF)
(See attached file: National Fuel Stay order  ENA.PDF)
(See attached file: National Fuel Stay motion EES.PDF)
(See attached file: National Fuel Stay order EES.PDF)

---------------------------------NOTE-----------------------------------------
The information contained in this email message is intended only for use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify us by email ([email-masked]), and destroy the original message. Thank you

==============================================================================

 - National Fuel Stay motion ENA.PDF 
 - National Fuel Stay order  ENA.PDF 
 - National Fuel Stay motion EES.PDF 
 - National Fuel Stay order EES.PDF