Subject: NEW ERCOT Operating Guides for review
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2000 10:50:00 -0800 (PST)

Happy New Year!

The Operating Guides WG, with much support from Bob Brodie of KEMA
Consulting, have been working to conform the ERCOT Operating Guides with
the new market structure as defined in the Protocols pending approval at
the PUC and scheduled to be implemented on June 1, 2001.

Attached is a zip file containing a complete version of the 'NEW' Operating
Guides for your review and comment.   The intent is to have the Guides
ready for review and hopefully approval by TAC's newly created
subcommittees at their first meetings of 2001.  This message is being sent
to the members of the 2000 TAC subcommittees (ES/RSS/TMOS) in anticipation
that there will be significant overlap between the membership of the 2000
subcommittees and the 2001 subcommittees.

There will be a meeting/workshop in Austin on Tuesday, January 9 to collect
and discuss your comments on the attached document.  The specific location
will be provided later,  but the meeting will start at 9:30 and end by
4:00.

The first thing you will notice is a very different document structure and
format.  Of note, they contain Hidden text.  If you are using a WORD
version earlier than 2000, there are a couple of options you will want to
enable to be able to see and/or print this text.  From the Word tool bar,
go to  Tools / Options.  Select the View tab and make sure the Hidden Text
box is checked to be able to see it on your screen.  Select the Print tab
and check the Hidden Text box to have it printed.

I appreciate your prompt attention to this effort as you start your busy
new year.

Feel free to contact me if you'd like to discuss.

Beth Garza
FPL Energy
512-320-9171

(See attached file: ERCOT Operating Guide v0_2.zip)

 - ERCOT Operating Guide v0_2.zip