Subject: RE: First available switch date - customer protection period to b e followed
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 16:10:03 -0800 (PST)

As a reminder to all market participants, a REP does not have to wait until
the recission period expires before it sends the switch request in to ERCOT.
In many scenarios, a customer may wish for a REP to expedite handling of
their request and the REP is willing to balance the risk of  customer
cancellation against a customer's desire to receive service in a hurry.
Although this is not the same "customer protection" period identified below,
it may help expedite some service requests.  Further the PUC would like to
remind market participants of the their obligations as highlighted in the
rule below.  The commission is receiving too many calls from customers who
have not been provided accurate information from their REP and/or from REPs
who merely blame another party for the delays.

Specifically, Substantive rule ?25.474(i) states the following:

	(i) Submission of customer's selection to the registration agent. A
REP may submit a customer's selection of the REP to the registration agent
prior to the expiration of the cancellation period prescribed by subsection
(h) of this section. Additionally, the REP shall submit the switch request
to the registration agent at the proper time so that the switch will be
processed on the date agreed to by the customer and as allowed by the tariff
of the transmission and distribution utility, municipally owned utility, or
electric cooperative. The customer shall be informed of the scheduled date
that the customer will begin receiving electric service from the REP, and of
any delays in meeting that date. Additionally, the REP must advise the
registration agent of any "special needs" customers and renew such
notification to the registration agent annually.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bergman, Karen [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, January 07, 2002 5:34 PM
To: 1 Retail Market
Cc: Broadrick, Cherie; Hailu, Ted
Subject: First available switch date - customer protection period to be
followed

It was asked that ERCOT also provide a chart for customers who must follow
the customer protection period.

Please review through the attached documentation. (thank you Dave Odle for
providing this)

4 days (trans Processing) + 3 days (mailing time) + 7 days (customer
protection period) + 2 days (TDSP read time).

Basically...  16 days.

4 days (trans Processing) = Business Days

3 days (mailing time) = Postal Business Days... Sunday/Holidays are NOT
Postal Business Days.

7 days (Customer Protection Period) = Calendar Days

2 days (TDSP Read Time) = Business Days

TOTAL = 16 Days

10 Calendar Days + 6 Business Days

Thank you,
Karen Bergman
Senior Client Services Representative
512-248-3171
 <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]

 -----Original Message-----
From: Bergman, Karen
Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2002 9:54 AM
To: 1 Retail Market
Cc: Broadrick, Cherie; Hailu, Ted
Subject: RE: First available switch date - customer waives the protection
period

Update - additional clarification from the ERCOT Registration Department
regarding First Available Switch Date where customer waives the protection
period. (Customers other than residential and small commercial may agree to
waive this Customer notification as provided in PUCT rules and regulations.)

Please review through the attached documentation.

Receive Date + 7 business days which would allow for the first 24 hours in
ERCOT's systems for the processing of the inbound switch.  Please remember -
business days does not include holidays/week-ends.

The attached document was sent out to RMS sometime back in November from
Dave Odle.

This should assist all MP to get switches to process correctly the first
time submitted.

Thank you
Karen Bergman
Senior Client Services Representative
512-248-3171
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>
 -----Original Message-----
From: Bergman, Karen
Sent: Thursday, December 27, 2001 5:03 PM
To: 1 Retail Pilot
Cc: Broadrick, Cherie; Hailu, Ted
Subject: FW: First available switch date - customer waives the protection
period
Importance: High

Update -

There have been quite a few questions about the interpretation of an email
from ERCOT dated 12/6/01.  I've asked for a clarification from the
Registration Team (Cherie Broadrick) here is the email they pointed me to.

Please review.

Thank you
Karen Bergman
Senior Client Services Representative
512-248-3171
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>

-----Original Message-----
From: Broadrick, Cherie
Sent: Monday, August 20, 2001 6:03 PM
To: 1 Retail Pilot
Subject: First available switch date - customer waives the protection period

In order for a switch to be accepted, CRs should use the following
calculations when they send in a switch request for commercial or industrial
customers that waive their customer cancellation period.

non-protected switch (notification waiver = Y)

- calculate FirstSwitchDate = (6 business days (1 day in, 2 TDSP, 1 day out,
2 early read))

If the switch you request is less than 6 business days away, the system will
reject it as requested before first available switch date.

Cherie Broadrick

ERCOT

Manager, Customer Registration

Ph. #512 248 3875

Mobile # 512 751 3351

Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this email message, and
any documents attached, is privileged and confidential and is intended only
for the use of the addressee. Nothing in this email is intended to
constitute a waiver of the confidentiality of this message. If the reader of
this message is not the intended recipient, or employee/agent of the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any duplication,
dissemination or distribution of this communication is unauthorized. If you
have received this document in error, please notify the above office by
telephone (512-248-3875) or by email immediately.