Subject: [Fwd: [Fwd: Tax Cut]]
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 10:45:50 -0700 (PDT)

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [Fwd: Tax Cut]
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 12:54:00 -0400
From: George Taylor <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Organization: Morgan Stanley
To: Joseph Delaney III <[email-masked]>,"Sean O'Neal"
<[email-masked]>,Lewis Nash
<[email-masked]>

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Tax Cut
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 10:29:22 -0400
From: Joseph Delaney <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Organization: Morgan Stanley
To: "Sean O'Neal" <[email-masked]>,George Taylor
<[email-masked]>,Thomas Funk
<[email-masked]>,Charles Durkin III
<[email-masked]>,"[email-masked]"
<[email-masked]>,John Woodley <[email-masked]>

Subject: Tax Cut

 If you think the Bush tax cut plan is unfair, read this rebuttal to the

 Daschle-Gephardt Muffler/Lexus attack that appeared in the Sunday,
March 4

 Chicago Tribune. By the way, the ratios are roughly accurate. 10% of
the
 tax payers pay about 60% of the taxes collected; 30% pay about 35%; and

 20% pay about 4%.

 A TAX CUT PARABLE

 Every night, 10 men met at a restaurant for dinner. At the end of the
 meal, the bill would arrive. They owed $100 for the food that they
shared. Every
 night they lined up in the same order at the cash register.

 The first four men paid nothing at all.
 The fifth, grumbling about the unfairness of the situation, paid $1.

 The sixth man, feeling very generous, paid $3.
 The next three men paid $7, $12 and $18, respectively.

 The last man was required to pay the remaining balance, $59. He
realized
 that he was forced to pay for not only his own meal but the unpaid
balance
 left by the first five men.

 The 10 men were quite settled into their routine when the restaurant
threw
 them into chaos by announcing that it was cutting its prices. Now
dinner
 for the 10 men would only cost $80.

 This clearly would not affect the first four men. They still ate for
free.

 The fifth and sixth men both claimed their piece of the $20 reduction
 right  away.

 The fifth decided to forgo his $1contribution.

 The sixth pitched in $2.

 The seventh man deducted $2 from his usual payment and paid $5.

 The eighth man paid $9.

 The ninth man paid $12, leaving the last man with a bill of $52.

 Outside of the restaurant, the men began to compare their savings, and
 angry outbursts began to erupt. The sixth man yelled, "I only got $1
out of the
 $20, and he got $7," pointing at the last man.

 The fifth man joined in. "Yeah! I only got $1 too. It is unfair that he

 got seven times more than me."

 The seventh man cried, "Why should he get $7 back when I only got $2?"

 The nine men formed an outraged mob, surrounding the 10th man. The
first
 four men followed the lead of the others: "We didn't get any of the
$20.
 Where is our share?"

 The nine angry men carried the 10th man up to the top of a hill and
 lynched him.

 The next night, the nine remaining men met at the restaurant for
dinner.
 But when the bill came, there was no one to pay it.