Subject: CEO of ORACLE said that....(Interesting Article)
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 01:49:00 -0700 (PDT)

---------------------- Forwarded by Darron C Giron/HOU/ECT on 08/18/2000 
08:46 AM ---------------------------

Scott Crowell <[email-masked]> on 08/17/2000 11:29:50 AM
To: undisclosed-recipients:;
cc:  
Subject: CEO of ORACLE said that....(Interesting Article)

Return-Path: <[email-masked]>
Received: from inet-smtp1.oracle.com (inet-smtp1.us.oracle.com 
[209.246.15.57]) by gmgw03.us.oracle.com (8.8.8+Sun/8.8.8) with ESMTP id 
OAA14268 for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 16 Aug 2000 14:46:26 -0700 (PDT)
Received: from rwr_mail_svr.rwr.com ([209.44.145.250]) by 
inet-smtp1.oracle.com (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id OAA04054 for 
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 16 Aug 2000 14:51:27 -0700 (PDT)
Received: by RWR_MAIL_SVR with Internet Mail Service (5.0.1460.8) id 
<N2CZYB9B>; Wed, 16 Aug 2000 16:43:37 -0500
Message-ID: <2019FB428FD3D311893700508B71EBFB2ACFF6@RWR_MAIL_SVR>
From: Valerie Parker <[email-masked]>
Subject: FW: CEO of ORACLE said that....(Interesting Article)
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 16:43:35 -0500
Return-Receipt-To: Valerie Parker <[email-masked]>
MIME-Version: 1.0
X-Mailer: Internet Mail Service (5.0.1460.8)
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"

> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Care to hear what Larry Ellison,CEO of ORACLE (2nd Richest Man on the
> Planet) said at the Convocation of the Yale University last month:
> "Graduates of Yale University, I want you to do something for me.  Please,
> take a good look around you. Look at the classmate on your left. Look at
> the classmate on your right. Now, consider this:
> Five years from now, 10 years from now, even 30 thirty years from now,
> odds are the person on your left is going to be a loser.  The person on
> your right, meanwhile, will also be a loser. And you, in the middle? What
> can you expect? Loser. Loserhood.  Loser Cum Laude.  "In fact, as I look
> out before me today, I don't see a thousand hopes for a bright tomorrow. I
> don't see a thousand future leaders in a thousand industries. I see a
> thousand losers.  "You're upset. That's understandable. After all, how can
> I, Lawrence 'Larry' Ellison, college dropout, have the audacity to spout
> such heresy to the graduating class of one of the nation's most
> prestigious institutions?  I'll tell you why. Because I, Lawrence "Larry"
> Ellison, second richest man on the planet, am a college dropout, and you
> are not.  "Because Bill Gates, richest man on the planet-for now,
> anyway-is a college dropout, and you are not.  "Because Paul Allen, the
> third richest man on the planet, dropped out of college, and you did not.
> "And for good measure, because Michael Dell, No. 9 on the list and moving
> up fast, is a college dropout, and you, yet again, are not." "Hmm...
> you're very upset. That's understandable. So let me stroke your egos for a
> moment by pointing out, quite sincerely, that your diplomas were not
> attained in vain. Most of you, I imagine, have spent four to five years
> here, and in many ways what you've learned and endured will serve you well
> in the years ahead. You've established good work habits. You've
> established a network of people that will help you down the road. And
> you've established what will be lifelong relationships with the word
> 'therapy.' All that of is good. For in truth, you will need that network.
> You will need those strong work habits.  You will need that therapy.
> "You will need them because you didn't drop out, and so you will never be
> among the richest people in the world. Oh sure, you may, perhaps, work
> your way up to No. 10 or No. 11, like Steve Ballmer. But then, I don't
> have to tell you who he really works for, do I? And for the record, he
> dropped out of grad school. Bit of a late bloomer.
> "Finally, I realize that many of you, and hopefully by now most of you,
> are wondering, 'Is there anything I can do? Is there any hope for me at
> all?' Actually, no. It's too late. You've absorbed too much, think you
> know too much. You're not 19 anymore. You have a built-in cap, and I'm not
> referring to the mortar boards on your heads."
> "Hmm... you're really very upset. That's understandable. So perhaps this
> would be a good time to bring up the silver lining.  Not for you, Class of
> '00. You are a write-off, so I'll let you slink off to your pathetic
> $200,000-a-year jobs, where your checks will be signed by former
> classmates who dropped out two years ago."
> "Instead, I want to give hope to any underclassmen here today. I say to
> you, and I can't stress this enough: leave. Pack your things and your
> ideas and don't come back. Drop out. Start up.  "For I can tell you that a
> cap and gown will keep you down just as surely ..."
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------
> Visit us at: http://www.nba.com.pk/ <<http://www.nba.com.pk/>>
> Email: [email-masked] <<mailto:[email-masked]>>
>
> ________________________________________________________________________
> Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com
> <<http://www.hotmail.com>>

 - scott.crowell.vcf