Subject: Official Books
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 04:14:00 -0700 (PDT)

Mike,

The reason my mistake was not caught on the benchmark signoff procedure is 
that the postid in question did not have a net position.  The procedure 
Rahmann showed you is where we check GERMS positions to the position reports 
we run using Excel queries.  If a postid has a net position and is not 
officialized, it will be caught using this procedure.  It will not, however, 
if the postid does not have a position.  I understand the importance of 
officializing postid's, as does the entire West desk.  Thanks.

DG    3-9573
---------------------- Forwarded by Darron C Giron/HOU/ECT on 10/16/2000 
11:07 AM ---------------------------
   
	Enron North America Corp.
	
	From:  Jeffrey C Gossett                           10/16/2000 11:02 AM

To: Darron C Giron/HOU/ECT@ECT
cc:  
Subject: Official Books

---------------------- Forwarded by Jeffrey C Gossett/HOU/ECT on 10/16/2000 
11:01 AM ---------------------------
   
	Enron North America Corp.
	
	From:  Michael E Moscoso                           10/16/2000 10:14 AM

To: Jeffrey C Gossett/HOU/ECT@ECT
cc:  
Subject: Official Books

Jeff,

FYI - Darron Giron didn't officialize the West-NW-GDL book on Friday.  Please 
re-emphasize the importance of not forgetting.  Also, Rahmann showed me a 
control he has to catch books not officialized each night which looked like 
an effective tool.  I wonder why he didn't see this book on Friday.

Mike
---------------------- Forwarded by Michael E Moscoso/HOU/ECT on 10/16/2000 
10:11 AM ---------------------------
   
	Enron North America Corp.
	
	From:  Michael E Moscoso                           10/16/2000 09:59 AM

To: Jeffrey C Gossett/HOU/ECT@ECT, Stacey W White/HOU/ECT@ECT, John 
Swinney/HOU/ECT@ECT, Eric Groves/HOU/ECT@ECT, Tracy Beardmore/NA/Enron@Enron, 
Scott Mills/HOU/ECT@ECT
cc:  
Subject: Official Books

We have been tracking books that are not officialized on a daily basis.  This 
list goes to Sally Beck and is reviewed at the end of each week by Rick Buy.  
Rick has been vocal about taking corrective action if people forget to 
officialize.   It is imperative that we take extra care to ensure that all 
books are marked official each night before going home.  A control process 
should be implemented immediately to absolutely avoid being on the list.  

Please contact me if you have any questions (x-35242).

Thanks,
Mike