Subject: Fwd: FW: Free KNOW THE ISO service
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 07:44:00 -0800 (PST)

Here's a really interesting service summarizing ISO activities.  Also read 
the content about governance and confidential information.  If the PX conveys 
its confidential information to the ISO, it would violate the PX's tariff 
(but what's new?).  On governance, the new directors are hoping that people 
will be results-oriented in deciding whether to challenge them at FERC.

                                           5061 Knightswood Way Granite Bay,
CA  95746                                    Phone (916) 797-3106
A California Limited Liability Company

Free KNOW THE ISO service

You recently inquired about subscribing to Phoenix Consulting's California
ISO analysis/reporting service, KNOW THE ISO.  I am writing to let you know
about a special offer available until March 1st only.
.
With any new subscription between now and the end of the month, you can
receive free service for the month of February (including any reports we've
issued so far this month).  Service this month includes Event Reports
covering these important topics:
.
>Stakeholder meetings about:
  -- The ISO's draft generator Market Power Monitoring/Mitigation Proposal
(plus our special report summarizing the ISO's proposal, and the others
offered at the January 23rd FERC technical conference);
.
  -- Proposed changes to the pricing/dispatch order for Imbalance Energy
supplies, and other near-term ISO tariff change proposals;
.
  -- Proposed generator availability standards, and the penalties proposed
for violating them;  and
.
  -- The 2000 ISO Control Area Transmission Expansion Plan.
.
>Meetings of the new state-appointed ISO Board, where the new members will
decide:
  -- Summer 2001 demand-side program bidding results/contract awards;
.
  -- Summer 2001 peaking generation contract results and unit construction
progress;
.
  -- Eligibility of PG&E interruptible end-use customers for ISO demand-side
programs;  and
.
  -- ISO policies regarding Distributed Generation.
.
You'll also be on board to receive our reports for March, when the ISO will
address Congestion Management Reform, dual-fuel requirements for generators,
the New Facilities Connection Policy (for generator/load interconnection
with the grid), and the Long-Term Grid Planning Policy.

KNOW THE ISO subscribers include municipal and investor-owned utilities,
regulatory bodies, ISO Board members, generator owners and developers, law
firms, consulting firms, trade-industry associations, power marketers,
Scheduling Coordinators, retail Energy Service Providers, and consumer
groups.  They receive accurate information about important ISO events within
about 2 days, including our unique insider perspective and explanations, for
less each month than the cost of a single overnight trip to Folsom or an
hour of high-level consulting service.

If you've been meaning to subscribe but just haven't gotten around to
filling out the form, don't worry - just reply to this e-mail message
confirming your decision to subscribe, then follow up with the paperwork
later.  (For your convenience, we've attached another KNOW THE ISO Services
Description Package, with cost information and a subscription form, along
with another couple of free samples.)

We'll add you immediately to our mailing list and send you any reports from
earlier this month (including the special reports on generator market power
monitoring/mitigation).

I look forward to hearing from you.  Please call me at one of the numbers
shown below for answers to any questions you may have.

- Susan Schneider
Principal, Phoenix Consulting
Office phone:  (916) 797-3106
Cellphone:  (916) 804-9514

 - clip_image002.jpg
 - KNOW THE ISO Services Description.doc
 - 5-22 report May 00 Board Supplement 052500.doc
 - ER Feb 1 01 Board.doc