Subject: Re: A Request to Talk to One of our Customers
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 03:59:00 -0800 (PST)

I just spoke with Steve Doss and explained how to get a power marketer 
certificate at FERC (and EWG filing if necessary depending on who West Linn's 
partner is for plant ownership) and the 60 day (generally) time required 
(Although I think that FERC would be inclined to wave the 60 days based on 
the supply shortage in the West).  I also explained that EPMI is making a 
filing this week at FERC that would allow EPMI to provide some FERC filing 
services on behalf of industrial customers in order to facilitate their sales 
to the grid (when approved, hopefully in about 60 days).  He said that West 
Linn has not built the 2 cogens yet (43 MWs each of which West Linn would use 
appr. 17 MWs/hour), but that it is interested in setting up its licenses 
before the start of retail access on 10/1/01 in Oregon.  (An item to think 
about--I don't know anything about the Oregon retail program or current rate 
structure with PGE, but generally the lack of retail open access will not 
prevent an industrial on site generator from selling to the grid, unless its 
host utility rate schedule precludes it from doing so).

I am sending him a FERC order issued last year dealing with industrials 
selling to the grid (InPower order), plus will send him the EPMI filing when 
we make it later this week.

SHARI STACK
02/21/2001 12:23 PM
To: Christi L Nicolay/HOU/ECT@ECT
cc: John Malowney/HOU/ECT@ECT 

Subject: A Request to Talk to One of our Customers

Hi Christi- 

I just met with another potential customer who is going to buy power from us 
intially but may want to sell us power in the future due to a Cogen plant 
they are building. I asked if they were going to get a Power Marketers 
Certificate in order to sell the power and got a blank look. I mentioned that 
I had a colleague that could give them more information on how to go about 
getting this. 

Could you please call Steve Doss on (503) 557-6587 to point him in the right 
direction to getting the PMC?  He is with West Linn Paper Company here in 
Oregon.

Thank you,

Shari