Subject: Re: Puget's 13 largest customers
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 01:31:00 -0800 (PST)

Chris and Dave are coordinating.
---------------------- Forwarded by Mary Hain/HOU/ECT on 02/09/2001 09:40 AM 
---------------------------

Paul Kaufman
02/09/2001 09:00 AM
To: James D Steffes/NA/Enron@ENRON
cc: Mary Hain/HOU/ECT@ECT 
Subject: Re: Puget's 13 largest customers  

We should probably make sure we're coordinated on this one.  Greg Wolfe has a 
history on this one--apparently we've been contacted by Puget in the past, by 
certain of the customers in the past, and by consultants to the customers.  
Also, Dave Fuller was inquiring about Puget's customers as well.   

I know a bunch of the folks involved and may be able to help bridge some of 
the gaps--but my contacts are certainly not unique.  

As a final note, we need to be careful as Robert McCullough used to consult 
for Bellingham Cold Storage and GP--two of the companies involved in the 
mess.  Robert is not a friend of ours.  

From: James D Steffes@ENRON on 02/09/2001 08:28 AM CST
To: Paul Kaufman/PDX/ECT@ECT
cc:  
Subject: Puget's 13 largest customers

FYI.

Jim

----- Forwarded by James D Steffes/NA/Enron on 02/09/2001 08:32 AM -----

	Mary Hain@ECT
	02/08/2001 12:14 PM
		 
		 To: James D Steffes/NA/Enron@Enron
		 cc: 
		 Subject: Puget's 13 largest customers

Chris Foster asked me for help with a Puget Sound Energy tariff that would 
allow us a quasi direct access to Puget's largest customers.  In response to 
his request I am sending him information about who the customers are, so he 
can contact them.
---------------------- Forwarded by Mary Hain/HOU/ECT on 02/08/2001 10:23 AM 
---------------------------

Mary Hain
02/08/2001 08:45 AM
To: Chris H Foster/HOU/ECT@ECT, Holli Krebs/HOU/ECT@ECT, John 
Malowney/HOU/ECT@ECT
cc:  
Subject: Puget's 13 largest customers

Air Liquide et al v. PSE 

        Formal Complaint - Docket UE-001952 

        This week, the Commission is hearing evidence regarding the level of 
a "soft
        cap" on prices PSE charges some large customers. 

        On January 26, Public Counsel and Commission Staff filed a joint 
answer on
        the rate cap mechanism. 

        On Jan. 22, the UTC approved a temporary "soft-price" cap for power 
rates
        paid by 13 large industrial customers of Puget Sound Energy (PSE). A
        short-term soft cap would allow PSE to charge above the cap for power 
costs
        if the utility was paying more than a maximum level. 

        The order calls for a second set of proceedings to establish the 
level of the
        temporary soft cap as a term under the provisions of Schedule 48 and 
the
        PSE/Georgia-Pacific Special Contract. The cap would be in place 
pending
        further proceedings to determine a final disposition of Schedule 48. 

        Puget's 13 large industrial customers are: Boeing, Georgia-Pacific, 
Air Liquide
        America Corp. CNC Containers, Equilon Enterprises, Air Products and
        Chemicals, Inc., Tesoro Northwest, City of Anacortes, Intel Corp., 
King
        County's Metro Wastewater Treatment Division, Olympic Pipe-Bayview,
        Qwest and MCI WorldCo