Subject: July 11 Governance Workshop
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 11:51:00 -0700 (PDT)

This is a reminder that the next RTO Governance Workshop is
scheduled to take place on Tuesday, July 11, from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at
the offices of KEMA Consulting, 5933 Win Severs Drive, Portland.

 At the Governance Workshop on June 14, Alan Davis suggested that it
would be helpful, for purposes of determining the appropriate approach to
governance of the RTO, to review the principles that have been established
with respect to the governance of the Western Interconnection Organization
(WIO).  An except from the most recent draft of the WIO proposal, which
includes a general overview, mission statement, committee structure
description, and description of the organization of the WIO Board of
Directors and the membership classes that are entitled to vote for
directors, has been posted on the RTO West web site.  It can be found by
going to the Legal Work Group page, clicking on the link to working subgroup
information, and then clicking on the link to the Bylaws, Articles and RTO
Tax Status Subgroup.  The exact URL address is of the document is
http://208.55.67.64/Bylaws_Subgroupage.htm.

 Also at the last Governance Workshop, John Buechler of the New York
ISO agreed to provide us with a summary of board member qualifications that
have been devised in the context of various other existing or proposed ISOs.
You should have received John's report a couple of weeks ago from Barney
Speckman.  In case not, however, a copy of Barney's e-mail, to which John's
report is attached, is attached below.

 At Tuesday's Governance Workshop, I would propose that we address at
least the following topics:

 1. Appropriate number and scope of RTO membership classes for
election of members of Board of Trustees (remember that the board is
proposed to be an independent, non-stakeholder body).

 2. Appropriate method of selecting members of RTO Technical
Advisory Committee (remember that the TAC, unlike the RTO board, is proposed
to be a stakeholder body).

 3. Appropriate qualifications requirements for the members of
the Board of Trustees.

 4. Consideration of appropriate conflict of interest standards
for the members of the Board of Trustees and RTO employees.

 I look forward to seeing you on Tuesday.

       Eric

    <<(no subject)>>

Eric E. Freedman
Preston Gates & Ellis LLP
701 Fifth Avenue, Suite 5000
Seattle, WA  98104-7078
Phone:  (206) 623-7580 x 7727
Direct:  (206) 224-7327
FAX:  (206) 623-7022
E-mail:  [email-masked]

CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT:  The foregoing message contains information that
is protected by the attorney-client privilege.  If this message was sent to
you in error, any use, disclosure or distribution of its contents is
prohibited.  If you received this message in error, please call Preston
Gates & Ellis LLP at the number listed above, and delete this message
without copying it.  Thank you.

Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked],  [email-masked], 
[email-masked], [email-masked],  [email-masked], 
[email-masked], [email-masked],  [email-masked], 
[email-masked], "xx-Christensen, Eric (SNO PUD)"  
<[email-masked]>, [email-masked],  
[email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked],  
[email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked],  
[email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked],  
[email-masked], "Freedman, Eric  (SEA)"  
<[email-masked]>, [email-masked],  
[email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked],  
[email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked],  
[email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked],  
[email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked],  
[email-masked], [email-masked], "xx-Lund, Arlan (BENTON PUD)"  
<[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked],  
[email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked],  [email-masked], 
[email-masked], [email-masked],  [email-masked], 
[email-masked], [email-masked],  [email-masked], 
[email-masked], [email-masked],  [email-masked], 
[email-masked], [email-masked],  [email-masked], 
[email-masked], [email-masked],  [email-masked], 
[email-masked], [email-masked],  [email-masked], 
[email-masked], [email-masked],  [email-masked], 
[email-masked], [email-masked],  [email-masked], 
[email-masked], [email-masked],  [email-masked], 
[email-masked], [email-masked],  [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked],  
[email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Subject: (no subject)
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 11:40:37 -0700
MIME-Version: 1.0
X-Mailer: Internet Mail Service (5.5.2651.58)
Content-Type: multipart/mixed; 
boundary="----_=_NextPart_002_01BFE87E.FEACD460"

Legal Work Group
Please find attached a ppt presentation prepared by John Buechler as a
follow
up to a commitment made  at the Governance Workshop. Listed below is an
excerpt of the email that John outlined what he has done to respond to the
request.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
--
---------------------------------------------
Attached please find a summary of the "Board Qualifications" topic that I
was
asked to prepare for the Legal Governance WG at the workshop.

I have taken my slides on the NYISO, PJM, ISO-NE and MISO, added Desert Star
from Dennis' presentation and a review of their by-laws, and added the
IndeGO
provisions from Eric's presentation.

Then, I have compared the provisions among these entities and attempted to
identify the similarities and differences among them.  I then pose a number
of
Issues for consideration by the NWRTO WG relative to Board qualifications.

For information and reference, I have also included the slides showing the
present Board members of these existing ISO's.

Please let me know if this suits your purpose.

Thanks

John Buechler

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
--
---------------------------------------------
This information will be useful background at the meeting (date yet to be
finalized) to continue the Governance discussions begun at the Governance
Workshop.

Sarah, please post with the other Workshop material.

Barney Speckman
RTO West  KEMA Team
Portland Office Phone 503-258-0475
RTO West Offices
5933 NE Win Sivers Drive
Portland, Oregon

BMS Consulting
2130 Belford Drive
Walnut Creek, Calif. 94598
925-287-0365 (Walnut Creek Phone and Fax)

 - Gov Board QualificationsBuechler.ppt