Subject: Project Pacific Update
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 05:45:00 -0800 (PST)

This project was presented to Stan Horton, NBP and EOT this morning and we 
received the go ahead by Stan to submit a non-binding offer in on Monday.  
The major change that occurred was that EOTT, not NBP, will submit the 
offer.  Basically two reasons account for this change; 1) NBP expressed 
concerns about this new business and their limited knowledge related to the 
commercial and environmental issues and 2) when petrochemicals was pulled out 
the size of the deal became managable to EOTT's balance sheet.  We will now 
be in the process of marking our changes to the purchase and sale agreement 
with plans to submit it and our indication of value on Monday.
 If the offer we submit is acceptable , we will enter into the next phase 
(along with at least one other buyer) and should be provided the information 
needed to finalize our bid and contract by March 15.  I'm hoping that we have 
access to the information we have been requesting.  As we enter into this 
next phase and given EOTT's new role ( as a Buyer versus providing commercial 
support), I'm expecting that personnel from EOTT will be involved in their 
areas of expertise and will be requesting your assistances in coming up to 
speed in a hurry.  I know that Northern Border has appreciated the effort put 
in to date and I know I have.  I hope we pass the next hurdle and get asked 
in next week .
 I just wanted to keep you informed and express my appreciation for your 
efforts.
  dwight