Subject: RE: GISB EEI Letter
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 02:17:00 -0700 (PDT)

My copy of the message did not have an attachment, so I have yet to see the
letter.  I think we should be VERY careful what we say in such a letter,
because it will be the GISB Board that decides what the organization does
going froward, and the EC will decide how to handle any requests for
standards if and as they are proposed.

Bill

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, May 02, 2000 2:45 AM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked];
[email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked];
[email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked];
[email-masked]; [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked];
[email-masked]
Subject: GISB EEI Letter

Dear Board Task Force:
At meetings with EEI recently, they asked Jim Buccigross, Jim Templeton and
I
if we could send them (Larry Brown) a letter indicating that the GISB
organization did not intend to impede the progress of EEI/CUBR in developing

Uniform Business Rules, and further that we would support such a product if
a
new organization were created.  Attached is a draft letter, carefully worded

-- and probably not everything that they want.  I will try to set up a
conference call later in the week to discuss this letter, the status report
sent to you previously, and white paper, a strawman, and commitment letter
to
be forwarded to you shortly.  Best Regards,  Rae