Subject: Re: Mtg w/Bob Gee
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 10:03:00 -0700 (PDT)

Jeff:  I have followed up with other DOE politicals who advised they will 
meet this Thursday with Bob Gee to finalize and approve his speech to NARUC 
on Monday, July 24th.  It is looking positive that he may be positioned to 
make the announcement Monday.  However, DOE will likely need to revisit some 
folks on the current Blue Ribbon Reliability Panel in order to replace some 
of the utility transmission-only focused members with others who focus on 
business practices plus add additional people to represent the internet  like 
APX, Altra, and HoustonStreet.Com. (these are Steve Kean's suggestions.)  
Too, I have been cautioned about referring to the Blue Ribbon Reliability 
Panel as a model since their timeline was slow, but rather suggest the TVA 
Blue Ribbon Panel model since they were able to issue a report after only 
four meetings.  I have asked for this issue to be brought to Secretary 
Richardson's attention and advised this will be done this week.  I have also 
discussed this with John Anderson of ELCON who is supportive.

Jeff Brown@EES
07/18/2000 12:45 PM
To: Stanley Horton/Corp/Enron@Enron, Shelley Corman/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Joe 
Hartsoe/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Steven J Kean/HOU/EES@EES, Richard 
Shapiro/HOU/EES@EES, James D Steffes/HOU/EES@EES
cc: Cynthia Sandherr/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Janine Migden/DUB/EES@EES, Jeff 
Dasovich/SFO/EES@EES 

Subject: Mtg w/Bob Gee

Cynthia and I met with Bob Gee regarding a potential role for DOE in creating 
a national standards board.  Bob appeared comfortable with establishing a 
"Blue Ribbon" panel, similar to the reliability panel, to address this 
issue.  In fact, Bob suggested that the reliability panel, which includes a 
balance of key stakeholders, could be re-tasked with this issue.

We recommended that the focus of any panel should be on the structure 
(governance, segments, executive committees) and scope of the organization 
(retail, wholesale, gas, electric).  Bob plans to follow-up with us next week.

Jeff