Subject: Re: Sunday's Performance
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 13:18:00 -0800 (PST)

Dan, Thanks so much for sending this to me as I had not heard the details of 
our employees' incredible response to the Genesis leak.  Talk about "going 
the second mile" -  I am so proud to say that I am in the same company as 
they are!  We need to feature this in our next EOTT newsletter and nominate 
one or more employees for the Enron annual Chairman's award.

Dan Cole
01/21/2000 02:52 PM
To: Michael Burke/Houston/Eott@Eott, Dana Gibbs/Houston/Eott@Eott
cc:  

Subject: Sunday's Performance

In cleaning out my email inbox, I ran across this email which I had intended 
to forward to both of you.  If you will recall, recent field information 
indicated the expense of cleaning up this leak had already exceeded $9 
million by 1/7/00.

Luckily this leak wasn't ours.  Our employees responded quickly and provided 
what assistance they could to Genesis until the Emergency Responder arrived.
---------------------- Forwarded by Dan Cole/Remote/Eott on 01/21/2000 02:51 
PM ---------------------------

Lewis Herrington
12/22/99 09:49 AM
To: Walter Norton/Remote/Eott@Eott, Willard Etheridge/Remote/Eott@Eott, Rick 
McMichael/Remote/Eott@Eott, Derry Butler/Remote/Eott@Eott
cc: Dan Cole/Remote/Eott@Eott 

Subject: Sunday's Performance

PLEASE SEE THAT EVERYONE WHO PARTICIPATED IN LAST MONDAY'S EVENT GETS A COPY 
OF THIS MEMO.  

Your participation in Genesis's Leak this past Monday showed (again) that you 
are the best team and most knowledgeable work force in this business. Job 
well done. I don't no all that each of you did as individuals but I heard 
tales of some of you wading in the cold river water almost to your waist to 
get a containment boom across the river. Others hurriedly walked right-of-way 
to determine the source of the spill. I'm sure I'll hear more about 
individual efforts as time goes on. No matter what your individual assignment 
might have been I'm sure you handled it well. 

The elapsed time from the time we were notified until the source of the leak 
was found, dug out and a boom placed across the river was approximately 3 1/2 
hours. From the actual time the track hoe and spill trailer left Lumberton 
was 1 hour and 45 minutes. Taking all things into consideration, this is an 
outstanding accomplishment. 

I know that each of you who were working at the actual leak site saw a big 
difference in how you handle situations like this verses how others on site 
were handling the same situation. Until you arrived, know one had made any 
attempt to find and stop the source of the spill. I understand from some 
sources crude was known to be in the Leaf River at 7am. Actual confirmation, 
it was known to be in the river at 10am. This meant for several hours, crude 
continued to flow into the swamp toward the river unchecked. I also 
understand after you exposed the pipe, found the leak in Genesis's Pipeline. 
Genesis or the contractor working for Genesis, I'm not clear on which, shut 
down to have a "Granola Bar" with crude still flowing into the swamp toward 
the river. If it cost $500,000.00 to clean up the spill (cost could go much 
higher) and Genesis lost 1700 barrels, the cost to clean up this spill will 
be $294.00 per barrel. I wonder how many barrels went into the swamp while 
the "Granola Bars" were being eaten. Don't know, but I'll bet this made them 
some of the most expensive "Granola Bars" ever eaten. 

I have not said the above to belittle Genesis or anyone working for them but 
merle to point out the difference in "you" and "them" and to make sure that 
each of you know, I consider each of you to be the very best in this 
profession and to make absolutely sure  you know I appreciate each of you and 
EOTT, our Company, appreciates you. 

Merry Christmas and God Bless

Lewis