Subject: Re: LAWRENCE CLAYTON, JR.
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 09:36:00 -0700 (PDT)

Stan,

I have worked with Lawrence over the past three years while he was working 
with Aquila.  As you know, Aquila is a major trading partner of ENA.  
Lawrence and I have had numerous meetings/discussions related to credit risk 
management and overall corporate credit exposures between ENA and Aquila.  My 
initial feedback on Lawrence is that he has developed a good grasp of high 
level apects associated with trading operations.  He is very attentive to the 
detailed aspects of capturing and reporting risks and appears to be a vocal 
and demanding leader.  My only concern is that in some of our past 
negotiations he did not seem to be as flexible and innovative as Enron would 
typically would like.  I am not sure it that is an issue with his style or if 
that is a reflection on Aquila.

I don't know your expectations of Lawrence in the CFO role for EOTT, but I do 
believe he has the ability and confidence to provide value to their 
operations.  

Regards,
Bill

Stanley Horton@ENRON
08/02/2000 11:20 AM
Sent by: Cindy Stark@ENRON
To: Rick Buy/HOU/ECT@ECT, Ben F Glisan/HOU/ECT@ECT, Rod 
Hayslett/FGT/Enron@ENRON, [email-masked], Richard 
Causey/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Steve Hotte/Corp/Enron@ENRON, David Port/Market 
Risk/Corp/Enron@ENRON
cc: Mary Ellen Coombe/Houston/Eott@Eott, Dana Gibbs/Houston/Eott@Eott 
Subject: LAWRENCE CLAYTON, JR.

Thank you for agreeing to interview with Mr. Lawrence Clayton, Jr..    
Lawrence is being considered for the position of Chief Financial Officer for 
EOTT Energy Partners.  This position would have responsibility for the 
accounting, finance, credit, treasury, risk management and IT functions 
within the EOTT organization.

This is an extremely important position within the EOTT organization, and we 
want to be sure that the person we hire is the right person for the job.  
This is why we've asked for your time.

It would be appreciated if you would follow-up with an e-mail to me giving me 
your thoughts on Lawrence.  Specifically, answers to the following questions 
would be helpful:

Does the candidate possess the required technical skills to be successful in 
this job?
Does the candidate possess the necessary leadership and teamwork skills and 
behaviors?
Does the candidate possess the necessary communication skills (internal & 
external)?
Does the candidate seem in alignment with Enron's values?
In your opinion, do you believe the candidate would be successful in this job?

Any other feedback would be most appreciated!

Thanks,
Stan