Subject: Re: LAWRENCE CLAYTON, JR.
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 10:58:00 -0700 (PDT)

Stan, feedback as follows:

Does the candidate posess the required technical skills to be successful in 
this job?

Clearly has an appropriate background to support the role - able to talk 
sensibly about the science of market risk (value at risk, options etc.) and 
the art too (culture and interplay between front, middle, back office). 
Perhaps a little light on some of the finer points of a VAR - based metric, 
and I did not delve into the nuances of the oil transportation world.

Does the candidate possess the necessary leadership and teamwork skills and 
behaviors?
Does the candidate possess the necessary communication skills (internal & 
external)?  

I liked his style - calm, collected, succinct. Professional but with some 
humour (!). Body language was open and will facilitate good rapport.
Strong personality which at times made me feel I was the interviewee, but I 
think that could be a good thing here.
I think he will be able to build good relationships, that support both the 
"customer service" and "independent controller" aspects of the CFO role down 
at EOTT.

In your opinion, do you believe the candidate would be successful in this job?

I do, but I assume we have other candidates to compare also ?

Rgds
DP

Stanley Horton
08/02/2000 11:20 AM
Sent by: Cindy Stark
To: Rick Buy/HOU/ECT@ECT, Ben F Glisan/HOU/ECT@ECT, Rod 
Hayslett/FGT/Enron@ENRON, [email-masked], Richard 
Causey/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Steve Hotte/Corp/Enron@ENRON, David Port/Market 
Risk/Corp/Enron@ENRON
cc: Mary Ellen Coombe/Houston/Eott@Eott, Dana Gibbs/Houston/Eott@Eott 

Subject: LAWRENCE CLAYTON, JR.

Thank you for agreeing to interview with Mr. Lawrence Clayton, Jr..    
Lawrence is being considered for the position of Chief Financial Officer for 
EOTT Energy Partners.  This position would have responsibility for the 
accounting, finance, credit, treasury, risk management and IT functions 
within the EOTT organization.

This is an extremely important position within the EOTT organization, and we 
want to be sure that the person we hire is the right person for the job.  
This is why we've asked for your time.

It would be appreciated if you would follow-up with an e-mail to me giving me 
your thoughts on Lawrence.  Specifically, answers to the following questions 
would be helpful:

Does the candidate possess the required technical skills to be successful in 
this job?
Does the candidate possess the necessary leadership and teamwork skills and 
behaviors?
Does the candidate possess the necessary communication skills (internal & 
external)?
Does the candidate seem in alignment with Enron's values?
In your opinion, do you believe the candidate would be successful in this job?

Any other feedback would be most appreciated!

Thanks,
Stan