Subject: Re: LAWRENCE CLAYTON, JR.
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 03:09:00 -0700 (PDT)

From an IT perspective Lawrence has a general overview of technology.  With 
Aquila he was involved in the development of the company's integrated risk, 
credit, and cash management systems.  Although I would not consider him to 
have a depth of technology experience he does have a sound understanding of 
how IT and the business need to function together.

Lawrence presented himself professionally and has good interpersonal skills.  
It seems you provided him with a detailed picture of the challenges he would 
face at EOTT, but that did not deter his desire for the opportunity.

I believe he could be successful if given the position with EOTT.

Stanley Horton
08/02/2000 11:20 AM
Sent by: Cindy Stark
To: Rick Buy/HOU/ECT@ECT, Ben F Glisan/HOU/ECT@ECT, Rod 
Hayslett/FGT/Enron@ENRON, [email-masked], Richard 
Causey/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Steve Hotte/Corp/Enron@ENRON, David Port/Market 
Risk/Corp/Enron@ENRON
cc: Mary Ellen Coombe/Houston/Eott@Eott, Dana Gibbs/Houston/Eott@Eott 

Subject: LAWRENCE CLAYTON, JR.

Thank you for agreeing to interview with Mr. Lawrence Clayton, Jr..    
Lawrence is being considered for the position of Chief Financial Officer for 
EOTT Energy Partners.  This position would have responsibility for the 
accounting, finance, credit, treasury, risk management and IT functions 
within the EOTT organization.

This is an extremely important position within the EOTT organization, and we 
want to be sure that the person we hire is the right person for the job.  
This is why we've asked for your time.

It would be appreciated if you would follow-up with an e-mail to me giving me 
your thoughts on Lawrence.  Specifically, answers to the following questions 
would be helpful:

Does the candidate possess the required technical skills to be successful in 
this job?
Does the candidate possess the necessary leadership and teamwork skills and 
behaviors?
Does the candidate possess the necessary communication skills (internal & 
external)?
Does the candidate seem in alignment with Enron's values?
In your opinion, do you believe the candidate would be successful in this job?

Any other feedback would be most appreciated!

Thanks,
Stan