Subject: GRI/IGT status
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 03:13:00 -0800 (PST)

Gentlemen,

Attached are the detailed backgrounds of Bruce Hale, Gene Dubay and Chris
Duhon as well as brief notes on three new potential candidates.  We are
actively recruiting additional candidates and believe we will have further
progress to discuss with you later this week.  We look forward to your
feedback.

 <<Dubay.doc>>  <<Duhon.doc>>  <<Hale.doc>>
The following are brief descriptions of three potential candidates who have
expressed initial interest and whom we are exploring further .

Bronson J. Haase
WICOR, Inc.
VP; President & CEO, Wisconsin Gas and WICOR Energy Services

BS Finance & Marketing from Marquette 1966.  31 year career in
telecommunications.  Started with Wisconsin Bell, ended as President,
Ameritech Wisconsin.  Functional telecommunications experience was in
general management and marketing (as President of Wisconson Bell's
unregulated subsidiary).  Two years as CEO of Wisconsin Gas which accounts
for 50-55% ($500 million) of WICOR total revenues.  May be displaced by
Wisconsin Energy's pending acquisition of Wisconsin Gas.  Age 49. Total cash
compensation is approximately $450,000.

Richard Hare
National Fuel Gas Company
President, National Fuel Gas Supply and Seneca Pipeline

Responsible for a natural gas transportation operation consisting of 3,000
miles of pipeline covering the region between southwestern Pennsylvania and
the Canadian border.  Age 60.  Approximate total cash compensation for 1998
was $370,000.

Conrad Gruber
Atmos Energy Corporation
President, Western Kentucky Gas

Reporting to the COO of Atmos, Gruber has full P&L responsibility for
Western Kentucky Gas (200,000 customers, $150 million in revenue - 20% of
Atmos total revenues).  Nine total years with Atmos.  Former SVP of
Technical Services with Greeley Gas, another Atmos subsidiary.  Eight years
with Entex (now part of Reliant Energy) prior to joining Atmos.  Functional
experience at Entex focused on marketing, engineering and operations.  BS,
University of Texas, 1983.  Gruber reports a base salary of $150,000 with a
50% bonus and stock options.

 - Dubay.doc
 - Duhon.doc
 - Hale.doc