Subject: GRI/IGT
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 11:16:00 -0800 (PST)

Gentlemen,

Please find the attached backgrounds of Fred Buckman and Mike Hunter.
Colleen and I have met Fred Buckman and believe he is an outstanding
candidate.  Colleen will be meeting with Mike Hunter, Gene Dubay from ONEOK,
Richard Hare from National Fuel Gas and John Riordan from MidCon Gas by the
end of next week.  We will provide you with additional feedback on these
candidates as soon as possible.

 <<buckman.doc>>  <<hunter.doc>>

Also included below are brief descriptions of three additional potential
candidates who have expressed initial interest.  We are in the process of
further evaluating these individuals and are continuing to actively recruit
new candidates.

Joseph Roberts
MCN Energy Group, Inc.
President & CEO, MCN Power and MCN Energy Holdings

BS Chemical Engineering Michgan '77.  MBA (Finance) Wayne State '87.  22
years at MCN.  Will be "free agent" in May after MCN's power assets are
divested (as a result of the merger w/ DTE).  Runs all MCN Power and Energy
Holdings businesses including gas gathering, midstream and transportation.
From '93 to '99 worked on the unregulated side of MCN - cogeneration,
project development, etc.  From '78 to '82 worked in MCN's Industrial
Marketing Dept. selling gas for new applications: cogen, conversion, fuel
cells, etc.  Started w/ MichCon in reservoir engineering in 1977.  $200k
base, 40-80% perf. bonus, long term bonus based on MCN stock performance
relative to rest of industry.

Carl W. Porter
SEMCO Energy, Inc.
COO, SEMCO Energy Gas

Michigan State University '74.  $240k base plus bonus.  4 years at Semco -
runs Semco Gas, Enstar and Energy Ventures (E&C, propane, etc.).  $700m
total revenue.  r2 Chairman Bill Johnson.  Has all functional areas
reporting in except HR, CFO, CIO and Corp. Dev't.  Acq. nine companies last
year including Enstar ($290m).  Former VP of Ops at Western resources and
SVP Ops. at New Jersey Resources reportoing to Rick Richard.

Jim Turner
Cinergy Corp.
President, Cincinnati Gas & Electric

BS Poly Sci Ball State '81, JD Indiana '84.  $250 base, 45% bonus.  One year
as President of Cincinnati Gas & Electric.  4 yrs w/ Cinergy.  Previous
background practicing law, served large industrial gas and energy consumers.

We look forward to your feedback.

Best regards,
Kevin A. Gaunt
Senior Associate
Korn/Ferry International
(310) 556-8506
[email-masked]

 - buckman.doc
 - hunter.doc