Subject: Re: NBP Financing RFP's
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2000 22:53:00 -0800 (PST)

I have cleared with Global Finance Management and the list is acceptable from 
that standpoint.

   

	From:  Jerry Peters                           03/01/2000 03:48 PM

To: Stanley Horton/Corp/Enron@Enron
cc: Cindy Stark/Corp/Enron@Enron, Larry DeRoin/NPNG/Enron@ENRON, John 
Jesse/NPNG/Enron@Enron, Rod Hayslett/FGT/Enron@ENRON 

Subject: NBP Financing RFP's

	

Attached is a draft of the RFP for the NBP debt financing.  We recommend 
sending this RFP to:
A.G. Edwards
Banc One
Bank of America
Bank of Tokyo
CIBC
SunTrust

These institutions are either agents for a NBPL or NBP credit facility and/or 
recently have indicated a strong interest in doing future business with NBP.  
In recent discussions, several firms have advised NBP to proceed with a 
public market transaction for the term debt.  Given their predilection for 
private placement debt, A.G. Edwards has been included so that we get two 
views on the appropriate market for the term debt issue.

You will note we have not including Lehman Brothers in our recommendation.  
As I indicated to you last week by e-mail (see attached), we are focusing on 
commercial banks to improve their relationship profitability to incent them 
to be more committed with immediate funding for acquisitions.  We have 
reviewed this approach with Jeff McMahon's group (through Charles Delacey) 
and they concur.  I am not aware of the "chits" that may be owed Lehman (or 
other I-banks) but our thought was if our last deal cleaned the slate we 
would concentrate on our commercial bank relationship strategy.  Certainly 
Lehman would have an opportunity to play in future deals, especially equity.

I will be travelling Thursday and Friday so please leave word with John Jesse 
(402)398-7843 if this list is acceptable.  If you would like to discuss 
please leave me a message and I will call you from NY.

---------------------- Forwarded by Jerry Peters/NPNG/Enron on 03/01/2000 
03:36 PM ---------------------------

	
	From:  Jerry Peters                           02/25/2000 12:56 PM

To: Stanley Horton/Corp/Enron@Enron
cc: Cindy Stark/Corp/Enron@Enron, Larry DeRoin/NPNG/Enron@ENRON, John 
Jesse/NPNG/Enron@Enron 

Subject: NBP Financing RFP's

Just to give you a "heads-up" we are preparing a request for proposal for 
lead managers on a NBP debt financing.  The financing plan is for a $150 
million term debt facility to payoff existing MLP bank debt and a $150 
million bank revolver (which would be undrawn) to provide greater financial 
flexibility in the future.  Although we haven't determined the list of 
bidders a key objective is to provide additional fee income to those banks 
willing to commit their balance sheets when needed (i.e. commercial banks) to 
strengthen our position for future acquisition financing.  We will send you a 
copy of the RFP and a list of recommended bidders mid next week.  We would 
anticipate sending this out late next week.