Subject: Project EWE II (Reliant Energy)
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 00:34:00 -0800 (PST)

We are now reviewing Information Memoranda on some Reliant Energy assets and 
must respond with a non-binding indication of interest by 5:00 PM, March 15.  
If we are selected to go on to the next phase of the process, we will be 
scheduled for a 2 day data room visit.  These sessions will begin on or about 
March 20.  It is a fairly fast track deal.  REI wants binding offers by April 
20, with final execution of a definitive agreement in late April/early May.

The assets are being offered either as a total package, or in any subset(s), 
broken down as follows:
 Reliant Energy Gas Transmission and Mississippi River Transmission  (to be 
viewed together as a single asset)
 Reliant Energy Field Services (gathering and processing)
 Reliant Energy Arkla (LDC)
 Reliant Energy Minnegasco (LDC)

We will need to find a solution to the PUHCA problem if we seriously want to 
buy either the Minnegasco or Arkla LDC assets (this could be very 
difficult).  The transmission and the field service assets would be "easier" 
to own from that standpoint.  In any event, we may want to go to all the data 
rooms just to learn about these assets.

Bottom line, if our preliminary bids are good enough to get into the data 
room phase of this deal, we will need a lot of help from the operations 
side.  These assets start with field gathering & processing, and end with 
retail gas deliveries to the homeowner ... truly a "stem to stern" asset 
package.  I'll keep you up to date on our progress, but we should be thinking 
about the team we'd put in the data room, and on site visits, etc. if given 
the opportunity.
 
JNG