Subject: Draft of response after May 22
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 06:46:00 -0700 (PDT)

Below is a first pass at suggested responses assuming we do not file the 10-Q 
on or before May 22.  Kathryn Corbally will coordinate comments from the IR 
side.  Lori is coordinating comments with AA.  Steve - could you coordinate 
with Bob Baird/Rex Rogers.

If you need to reach Kathryn, her direct line is (713) 853-4785.  

Thanks -
Scott

Suggested comment if EOTT has not filed the 10-Q on May 22, 2000 (we will 
only provide response if asked):

? We are continuing our review of the implementation of our new marketing and 
accounting systems.
? We expect to have our analysis complete and the Form 10-Q finalized by June 
15.

If specifically asked about the issues under investigation:

? We implemented a new marketing and accounting system in November of 1999.  
As we stated in our first quarter earnings release, we are specifically 
reviewing integration issues related to the to this implementation.

If asked about the magnitude of possible adjustments:

? We need to complete our investigation before we can answer specific 
questions on what adjustments, if any, would be appropriate.  The required 
review is labor intensive.  We are working very diligently and will provide 
the information as soon as possible.