Subject: Organization
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 06:56:00 -0700 (PDT)

After my discussion with Cutty today, I think any discussion of the 
organization should wait until we have a plan for the operations group based 
upon our meeting tomorrow.  I plan to have the conceptual discussion with in 
the staff meeting tomorrow had show the attached chart without the suggested 
reporting shown on the chart.  My thoughts are that we need to focus on our 
key business drivers and  develop the organization around these thoughts.  I 
have listed the key business drivers as 1) Crude Oil Marketing and Trading, 
2) Crude Oil Pipelines and 3) Cash Management due to our MLP format.

I have reflected the organization on the attached chart which is preliminary 
and has not yet been shown to anyone other than via this memo.  The specifics 
of the operational group has not been defined pending the outcome of 
tomorrows discussion.  I have held discussions with those groups that are 
spread across more than one  business and have ask them to define their 
organization using the concept above.  All activities that do not directly 
effect one of the three business drivers needs to be reviewed for importance 
and priority.

I do have some concerns that must be addressed and still need some input.